What is an eSIM?
An eSIM is a digital SIM card, the successor to a traditional physical SIM card. At Mobile Vikings, you don't pay any costs for this type of SIM card. With an eSIM, you are not dependent on the mailman for delivery of your SIM card. Shortly after your order, you will receive a QR code to activate your eSIM.
Note: not all phones support eSIM. Devices that do, also offer room for a physical SIM card. Want to know if your device also supports eSIM? Check it here! With such a Dual SIM device, you kill two birds with one stone. You can use two numbers, and therefore two subscriptions. Compared to a traditional physical SIM card, an eSIM has many advantages:
- You can easily switch between 2 numbers if you have a Dual SIM.
- So you decide for example which number you call with, and which number you surf with.
- Outside the EU, you can easily use a local SIM card.
- Smartphone lost or stolen? Then activate a new eSIM in 1-2-3 in your replacement device.
- No need to change physical SIM cards anymore.
- You choose a more environmentally friendly alternative.
How can I configure and check my voicemail?
To listen to your voicemail, call 1933 using your Mobile Vikings SIM card.
I want to change my call duration
I want to update the language of my voicemail
I want to deactivate my voicemail
I want to redirect my calls to another number
After listening to your messages, you'll hear a menu with options to change your voicemail preferences, such as your greeting, notifications, ... ,
You can decide after how many seconds your voicemail is activated. By default, it's after 15 seconds. The options are 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 seconds. To set this up, form and call one of the codes below:
25 seconds of ringing **61*+32456191933**25# call OR *61*+32456191933**25# call
20 seconds of ringing **61*+32456191933**20# call OR *61*+32456191933**20# call
Etcetera. Depending on your device the code should start with * or **.
You can change the language of your voicemail by calling 1933.
Want to switch off your voicemail? Go to your SIM settings in My Viking! You can also switch it back on here.
Calling your voicemail is free of charge in Belgium and within the EU, further abroad the local rates apply. You can check those on our roaming page.
- Want to call your voicemail from a different number, or while abroad? Call 0456191933.
You can also fully manage your voicemail from the My Viking app. More specifically:
- Switch your voicemail on and off
- Set how long it takes for your voicemail to become active
I don't have any mobile internet. What do I do?
Trouble with your mobile internet, 4G, or surfing abroad? Follow the steps below to solve your issue.
Do you still have enough mobile data in your bundle?
It’s very important that you configure these settings correctly. In most cases, correcting these solves the problem. Go to our settings guides and look for your device.
Can’t find your device in the list? Then choose a similar device, the settings themselves are the same. If you have an Android device, pretty much any Android phone guide will do. But just to be sure, you’ll find the settings below:
- Name = Mobile Vikings
- APN = internet.proximus.be
- Username = web
- Password = web
MNC : 01
- APN-type = default,supl
- Authentication / verification type = PAP
Abroad / Roaming
- Check whether you have roaming enabled
- Choose another available operator and reboot your device
- Are you traveling outside of the EU? In that case, you won't be able to surf to avoid unexpectedly high costs. Do you really want to use mobile data outside the EU? That’s possible! With the Global Data Pass you can use mobile data in many countries outside the European Union. You can find all the details here.
Is your SIM card broken?
- Could you try your physical SIM card in another device? If that doesn't work either, then the problem may be with your SIM card itself. Our helpdesk can then help you find another solution or replace your SIM card.
Still no mobile internet after going through all steps? Call our helpdesk for free using the number 1976 or send us a message.
Where do I find my SIM card number?
You can find your SIM card number in 2 ways.
- Find your SIM card number on your SIM card
If you remove the SIM card from your phone, you can read the series of numbers next to the gold-colored chip. Our SIM card numbers consist of 19 digits and start with 89323... by default.
Find your SIM card number in your phone settings
For Vikings with an Android device:
- Open the Google Play app and download “SIM Card” (free).
- Open the app and go to the “Information” tab.
- Your SIM card number is displayed under “SIM card serial number (ICCID)”.
For Vikings with an iPhone or other iOS devices:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Select “General”, then “Info”.
- The SIM card number is displayed the same as the ICCID number.
Can I use an eSIM only in a mobile phone or can I install it in other devices such as a smartwatch?
An eSIM can logically only be used in a compatible phone. We can’t guarantee its functionality in other devices such as a tablet or router. Check this page to see if your phone supports an eSIM.
How do I activate / install my eSIM?
You can very easily activate your eSIM. Make sure your phone is connected to wifi. Are you transferring an existing number with another operator to a Mobile Vikings eSIM? Then remove the previous operator's physical SIM card from your phone before scanning the QR code.
To activate your eSIM, follow these steps:
- Immediately after placing your order, you will receive an email containing an activation code for your eSIM. Click on the red button in the email to access your My Viking account and enter the code there.
- Once activated, you will receive a second email containing a QR code. It is important to scan this QR code only through your phone's settings, not directly through the camera app.
Still uncertain? No problem! Use the configuration wizard to activate your eSIM profile: simply select the brand and model of your device and you're good to go!
How can I get in contact with Mobile Vikings?
Want to know how to get in contact with Mobile Vikings?
- Email: you can reach us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: we are reachable by phone on workdays from 9:30 until 16:00, via 1976 or 0456 19 19 76.
- Webform: fill out our form.
- Our FAQ: visit our Help & Support page.
Mobile Vikings is situated in Hasselt. Our info:
Kempische Steenweg 309/1
Phone: +32 456 19 19 76
How can I set my network selection to automatic or manual?
For Android, follow these steps:
- Open Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Network operators
- Automatic network selection: activate the 'Select automatically' option.
- Manual network Network: deactivate the 'Select automatically' option > select the desired network.
- Restart your device.
For iOS, follow these steps:
- Open Settings > Mobile networks > Network selection.
- Automatic network selection: activate the 'Network selection' option.
- Manual network selection: deactivate the 'Network selection' option > select the desired network.
- Restart your device.
You can use our handy configuration wizard. Choose the brand and model of your device, then click on 'Select a network' and off you go!
I can't log in. What do I do?
If you already have an account, you can log in via the website or the Mobile Vikings application. At the top right you will see the My Viking button, where you can both log in and out.
You can log in using your email address or phone number. Does it not work with your email address? Then try logging in with your phone number, and vice versa. Make sure your phone or device isn't automatically putting a capital letter at the start.
If both your number and email address don't work or you've forgotten your password, try changing your password. Didn't receive an email? Don't forget to take a look in your spam folder.
What do I need to watch TV without a TV subscription?
You easily use all apps on your TV without having to use your smartphone or laptop ever again. Moreover, you only need to install these apps once. You have two options:
- You own a smart TV
Via your TV's menu you search for the VRT MAX, VTM GO and GoPLAY apps and install these. You log in once and you watch all your favourite programs for free anytime you want.
- You don't own a smart TV
Not an issue at all. A casting device will turn any TV into a smart TV in seconds. We recommend a device that supports Google TV or Android TV. This would allow installation of the apps directly on the device, plus the menu is extremely userfriendly. And last but not least, you'll have a remote. 😉
Recommendation then? That would be the Google Chromecast with Google TV. So, a small, one-time investment as compared to all the money you'll be saving by getting rid of your TV subscription and TV decoder.
When will my Internet subscription become active?
Your Internet subscription will be activated after installation. The installer will take care of the connection, activation and testing of your Internet connection. As soon as your internet subscription is active, we will confirm this by e-mail.
Can I also get a TV subscription with Mobile Vikings?
Mobile Vikings does not offer a subscription to digital TV. Most of the content available via digital TV today can be easily watched online. Think VRT MAX, VTM GO, GoPlay, or the websites of most of the TV channels. For Eleven, streamz or Disney+ for example, you don't need digital TV anymore either. 😉 That's exactly why Mobile Vikings internet at home offers unlimited volumes: you surf, stream and game as you like.
How do I activate a Global Data Pass?
Well, there are two ways:
- Purchase via your My Viking account on the website or My Viking app. Outside the EU, you logically need a connection to a Wi-Fi network for this.
- Purchase via SMS by texting the number 1984: ROAM250MB or ROAM1GB or ROAM3GB.
This activation method does not require you to be connected to a Wi-Fi network, unless you need to make a manual payment. Receiving and sending these SMS is free of charge.
How does the payment for a Global Data Pass work?
For Mobile Vikings mobile subscriptions, the Global Data Pass will be activated immediately and appear on your next invoice/payment invitation. To pay those, as always, your available Viking Points will be used first.
When using a prepaid card, you can pay for the Global Data Pass through your My Viking account on the website or in the app using available Viking points or credit. If there is insufficient credit or Viking points, you need to make a separate payment.
When purchasing via SMS, the payment will first be made via any available calling credit on your prepaid card. If there is insufficient calling credit available for a full payment, any Viking Points in your account will be used. If there are insufficient Viking Points in your account for a full payment, your chosen payment method in your My Viking account (Easy Payment) will be used for the remaining amount. If you do not have an Easy Payment method set up in your account, you will have to make a separate online payment via Mobile Vikings' available payment methods. For this, outside the EU, you will need a connection to a Wi-Fi network. If you place your Global Data Pass order via SMS, you may not be able to complete the order via SMS because you have not set up an Easy Payment method. In that case, you will need to place the order via your My Viking account on the website or My Viking app.
How can I configure my modem in bridge mode?
- B-box 3:
Do you have a B-box 3? Click on the ‘B-box 3’ tab above to see how to configure your modem in bridge mode.
- Internet Box:
Do you have an Internet Box? Click on the ‘Internet Box’ tab above to see how to configure your modem in bridge mode
If you want to use your own router in addition to your B-box 3, for example to extend your Wifi coverage, you need to set your B-box 3 modem to Bridge mode to avoid issues. Enabling Bridge mode can be done by following the steps below:
- Making sure you are connected to your Mobile Vikings network, go to http://192.168.1.1.
- Log in using the password that is printed on the back of your modem.
- Go to 'Network Connectivity'
- Click on the arrow under the sub menu Internet:
- Switch PPP enable slider to Disable and click.
- Done! Now you can connect a network cable from one of the LAN ports of your B-box 3 to your own router. The PPP configuration needs to be done on the authenticating device.
What can I do when my data roaming doesn't work?
If you cannot connect to the local mobile internet immediately, go over this checklist before you do anything else.
- Restart your device as soon as you arrive abroad.
- Try to establish a connection with the different local networks manually through your device settings. One network may provide a more stable connection than another.
- For Android (Samsung, LG, Xiaomi, ...) follow these steps: Go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > press 'select manually'. It may take up to two minutes for the available networks to appear. Select one of the local providers.
- For iOS (iPhone): Settings > Cellular > click on Network Selection > tap once on the toggle to change 'automatic' to 'manual'. It may take up to two minutes for the available networks to appear. Select one of the local providers.
- Check whether the option 'data roaming' is enabled in your device settings. This will usually be available in the 'Mobile networks' menu.
Are you traveling outside of the EU? In that case, you won't be able to surf to avoid unexpectedly high costs. Do you really want to use mobile data outside the EU? That’s possible! With the Global Data Pass you can use mobile data in many countries outside the European Union. You can find all the details here.
Can I get Wi-Fi extenders or Wi-Fi boosters through Mobile Vikings?
Wi-Fi boosters are available for rent at €3/month. For this, you have to consult your installer for the installation. If the 3 checks in your home show that boosters are appropriate, you can ask him/her to install them. They will appear on your invoice/payment invitation every month.
Has your installation already been completed and would you like to order a booster? Please contact our helpdesk and we will do the necessary.
I want to check if internet at home is available at my address, but I get an error message. What should I do?
Well, below are some tips to try again. This is likely because we match your address with a database so the slightest difference can indeed result in an error. That processing of your address, by the way, is done 100% GDPR-proof. Tips:
- There is a letter in your house number: e.g. Kasteellaan 7A. You have to enter that "A" in the same field as the "7" --> "7A" all at once, in other words.
- You live in a borough: check whether you can select the borough instead of the municipality. E.g. "3910 Neerpelt" instead of "3900 Pelt".
If it still does not work, please contact our helpdesk. Your request will reach the appropriate team, they will take this further up for you. When doing so, please provide as many details as possible.
How can I postpone an appointment for installation?
You can postpone an appointment for installation via your My Viking account on the website.
What happens if I don't return my modem and/or booster?
Well, obviously, we'll send you a few reminders to do so. 😉 In case there's no return, there will be a final invoice for your modem and/or booster.
How do I cancel my subscription to internet at home?
You can do so in your My Viking account. Some important remarks about this:
- Your connection will be deactivated in the following hours.
- In the days following your cancellation, you will receive via e-mail a pro rata final invoice (= the normal monthly rate minus the period that your connection will not be active), or a credit note (= refund for the period that your connection will not be active) if you have already received your monthly payment invitation/invoice.
- You return your modem and/or booster via bpost within 2 weeks. You can find the shipping label in your My Viking account too.
- Any active mobile number(s) will not be cancelled because of this.
My direct debit is already in use. How do I create a payment method?
To prevent abuse, you cannot link an account number to more than one Mobile Vikings account. But what if you still want to use the same account number for multiple accounts? Don't worry, there is a solution! Just give the account with payment method management rights over the SIM card in question. We explain how to do this below:
- Log in to the account without a payment method and go to your SIM card settings in My Viking. You can only do this once your SIM card is active.
- Choose Authorizations and then 'give someone authorization'.
- Enter the email address of the account with the payment method. Confirm with your password.
- Log in to the account with the payment method and accept the management rights for the SIM card.
- Go to your payment methods to link the new SIM card to your payment method.
- That's it! 🙂
How long will my calling credit and bundle including the free advantages be valid?
1 calendar month, starting from your most recent top-up. For example, if you top up on 8 November at 12.35 am, your bundle will remain valid until 08 December 12.35 am. What's included in your bundle? With a top-up you will receive a SMS bundle, data bundle and a Viking advantage bundle (free calls to other Vikings). In addition, you will receive call credit for the value that you have recharded your prepaid. You can use the call credit to make calls and it remains valid for 6 months.
We define one calendar month as the period starting on a specific day of a month until the same day the next month. A calendar month can, therefore, be 28, 29 (in leap years), 30 or 31 days long. Another example: if you top up in March, your bundle will be valid for 31 days. If you top up in April, your bundle will be valid for 30 days.
And my remaining calling credit?
If you have any calling credit left, it will be transferred to the next month and added to your next top-up. Calling credit from a top-up is valid for 6 months and then expires.
What happens after a month?
If the month is over and you haven't topped up yet, you'll be calling, texting, and surfing out-of-bundle and the out-of-bundle rates will apply.
How can I pay my invoice or payment invitation?
What happens to my subscription at my current provider?
If you switch providers in the middle of the month, your previous provider will usually only charge you for your active period. But go ahead and contact your previous provider if you don’t want to pay the full amount of the invoice, because this calculation doesn’t always happen automatically.
How do I order a SIM card?
Do you have 5 minutes to spare? Because that's all it takes to order your Mobile Vikings SIM card! First of all, choose if you want to order a SIM card with a subscription, or a prepaid SIM card. Follow the steps on the page to finish your order. You also have the choice between an eSIM or a physical SIM card.
What do you need to transfer your current number?
- The number of your current SIM card,
- If you are under an existing contract, best to keep your customer number at hand too.
What can I do against unwanted calls?
First of all, you can try to block the incoming calls from the number in question. Many recent smartphones offer the possibility to configure your phone to block numbers. You should consult the manual of your device to find out exactly how to do this.
If that doesn't provide you with the solution, you may consider contacting the Telecom Mediation Service. If you are mainly dealing with stalking or threats, the local police would be your best bet. When you file a complaint or an official record is opened with the local police, they will do what it takes to help you.
Keep in mind that both your provider and the Mediation Service cannot block individual numbers.
What can I use the My Viking app for?
With the My Viking app, your life as a Mobile Viking will become a lot easier. This is what you can do with it:
- Check your balance and usage
- Top up your SIM card or renew your subscription
- Use Viking Deals and save on your phone bill
- Switch to a different rate plan
- Check and manage your Viking Points
- Search our FAQ if you have questions
- Contact the helpdesk
To use the Mobile Vikings app, the only thing you need is a Mobile Vikings account.
Download it here:
In my subscription, I have an unlimited calling bundle and yet I have to pay for my calls. Why?
This is indeed possible. Usage outside of your bundle will be charged separately on your invoice or payment invitation. An example of such costs are calls to premium numbers and international numbers are always out of bundle.
How can I rename my Wi-Fi network?
- B-Box 3:
Do you have a B-box 3? If so, click here to see how you to rename your Wi-Fi-network.
- Internet Box:
Do you have an Internet Box? Then click here to see how to rename your Wi-Fi-network.
- If you prefer, you can follow our guides!
- Go to http://192.168.1.1.
- Login with the user and password indicated on the sticker on the back of your modem.
- Then click the cogwheel next to Wi-Fi 5 Ghz or Wi-Fi 2.4 Ghz.
- Modify the name and/or password of your Wi-Fi network (SSID) and press ok. Choose a secure password, and preferably save it in a digital password manager (e.g. Bitwarden or LastPass). Note: devices that were already connected to your Wi-Fi will need to be reconnected with this new data.
How can I terminate my Mobile Vikings subscription or prepaid SIM card?
No longer satisfied?
We're sorry you're no longer satisfied with Mobile Vikings. But we undoubtedly have a tariff plan that's a perfect match for you, or a solution for whatever issues you're encountering. Would you like us to help you out? Give us a call, or e-mail us, and we'll sort it out together.
Would you rather terminate your subscription or prepaid SIM card?
If you want to keep your number, your new provider will take care of everything. You do not have to terminate anything with us. Do you want to terminate your number completely? You can do so via My Viking. If you have a prepaid SIM card, it suffices to stop topping up. Your number will then automatically expire.
Are you having problems canceling your subscription or prepaid card? Feel free to contact our helpdesk.
- Are you canceling a subscription? Then you'll receive a final bill.
- Are your contacts saved on your SIM card? Make sure that you copy them to your device first before switching SIM cards.
- If you terminate your number, you have 30 days to transfer it to another provider. If you don't, the number can no longer be recuperated.
- Not satisfied with your new provider? We'll welcome you back with open arms!