Que se passe-t-il lorsque vos forfaits expirent ?
Profitez de l'avantage Viking.
Pour votre carte prepaid, vous pouvez également commander une eSIM, une carte SIM numérique. Si votre appareil prend en charge l’eSIM, vous êtes parti en 2 secondes !
Ce que les Vikings
disent sur nous
Vous n’êtes pas seul(e) !
Vous n’utilisez que des données ?
Mobile Vikings utilise le réseau de Proximus. Ainsi, nous ne devons pas investir des millions dans la gestion de notre propre réseau et la construction d’antennes. Cela nous permet de maintenir nos prix bas et les Mobile Vikings bénéficient malgré cela d’une couverture réseau exceptionnelle. Car le réseau Proximus offre la 4G à 99,9 % des Belges.
Passer à Mobile Vikings est un jeu d'enfant
Choisissez votre plan tarifaire
Vous conservez votre numéro de GSM
Nous nous occupons du reste
Essai de 30 jours.
Do you have an eSIM? Click here.
- Visit www.mobilevikings.be/en/activation.
- Enter the last four digits of your Mobile Vikings SIM card number.
- That's it!
- Are you activating a completely new SIM card with a new number, or a replacement SIM card? The activation will take up to an hour.
- Are you activating a SIM card with number transfer? The activation will take up to 24 hours. Your old SIM card will work right up until the Mobile Vikings SIM card is activated.
The law dictates you have to identify yourself every time we ask. We may ask you to do this if your current identification expires, or if there was an error with your identification. You identify yourself by carrying out a payment using a Belgian payment method.
As long as you're in the EU, the same rates as in Belgium apply - no extra costs! For more info, including outside of the EU, please visit the roaming page on our website. First choose the country and which type of SIM card you have (50 GB, subscription, prepaid card or Only Data), and you will get an overview.
The modem and its placement are included in the installation, at no additional cost.
Want to know how to get in contact with Mobile Vikings?
- Go to our Help & Support and use the search function.
- Ask us directly via Facebook (Messenger) or Twitter.
- Fill out our form to contact us via e-mail.
- We're temporarily not reachable by phone. Would you like to talk to an agent? On workdays you can enter your number on this page, from 9:30 until 16:30. We'll call you back within 30 minutes if you do.
Mobile Vikings is situated in Hasselt. Our info:
Kempische Steenweg 309/1
Phone: +32 78 353 033
Sure, no problem! When you order your SIM card with a subscription or prepaid SIM card you can select 'Keep my number'. Unless you want a new number, which obviously is also possible.
If you already have an internet subscription with another provider, and you want to switch to Mobile Vikings, you may cancel your current internet subscription with your current operator. If you currently have a pack with that operator (with e.g. fixed internet, tv and 2 mobile numbers), you may choose to cancel all or some of these services. Also be sure to check payment terms for hardware (e.g. residual value to be paid for a TV or laptop) that you may have with your current provider. Pay close attention, because there may be additional costs in such cases, e.g. a final invoice. Also ensure that you synchronise the deactivation dates of your current subscription with the installation/activation dates of your Mobile Vikings internet subscription.
Important note: if at your address there is already an active connection to the Proximus network (Proximus, Scarlet, edpnet,...), this connection will automatically be switched to Mobile Vikings, and you will no longer have access to the services you previously subscribed to via this connection. We do advise to double-check with your old provider to make sure everything is canceled correctly!
At the moment, Easy Switch isn't available. Yet!
No, they don't. The Viking advantage, that allows Mobile Vikings to call and text each other free of charge*, is only valid in Belgium.
* If you chose the Only Data price plan, you can't call or text, but other Vikings can still call and text you for free.
The combo advantage gives you a monthly € 3 reduction on the price of your internet at home subscription. To get your monthly combo advantage, the following conditions apply:
- in addition to your internet at home subscription, you have at least 1 active mobile subscription and no outstanding invoice/payment invitation
- apart from your internet at home subscription, you have at least 1 active prepaid card that is topped up at least once a month (for any rate plan)
- in addition to your internet at home subscription, you have at least one mobile subscription that you have requested less than 30 days before the combo advantage is granted.
No. Mobile Vikings only sees the unnecessary monthly costs of TV subscription and digicorders. Users should regain their freedom by watching TV via free apps like VRT MAX, VTM GO and GoPlay, possibly in combination with paid streaming services. Mobile Vikings therefore only offers unlimited internet at home at a competitive price to stream, game and surf without limits.
You can check your usage in your device settings.
- Android: Settings > Connections > Data usage.
- Windows Phone: Settings > Data Sense
- iOS: Settings > Mobile network.
On an iPhone, also make sure to check if the feature “Wifi assistance” is deactivated. You’ll aksi find this in Settings > Mobile network, all the way down at the bottom. If this is activated, your device will automatically switch to mobile data if the Wifi signal is too weak or drops.
All the apps below install easily on your smart TV or casting device. You therefore don't need a smartphone or laptop to stream.
For your trusted Belgian channels you use the free apps of the various channels themselves. For example:
- VRT MAX : één, canvas, Ketnet, Ketnet jr. + live video stubru, MNM, Radio 1 & 2 and Klara
- VTM GO : vtm, vtm 2, 3 & 4, vtm kids, vtm gold + live video Qmusic and Joe
Note: GoPlay also has an app, but not for your TV. So to stream Play 4, 5, 6 & 7, you still need a laptop or smartphone.
For additional series/movies, you can subscribe to the services that suit you. That way, you only pay for what you really want to see:
- Series and movies: Netflix, Disney+, Streamz, Prime Video, Apple TV, ..
- Sport: Eleven Sports, F1 TV, NBA League Pass, ..
- Gaming: Twitch, Steam, YouTube, ..
You easily install all these apps on your smartphone, tablet, laptop and TV....
Mobile Vikings does not offer a subscription to digital TV. Most of the content available via digital TV today can be easily watched online. Think VRT MAX, or the websites of most of the TV channels. For Eleven, streamz or Disney+ for example, you don't need digital TV anymore either. 😉 That's exactly why Mobile Vikings internet at home offers unlimited volumes: you surf, stream and game as you like.
You can identify yourself by doing your next payment with Bancontact, MasterCard, VISA, or PayPal. The law dictates this identification has to be repeated within 18 months following this first identification.
If you set up an automatic payment method or an SMS payment method with a foreign bank account, you won’t be able to activate a prepaid SIM card. Your first payment and the control payment after 18 months always have to be done with a Belgian payment method. For the other payments, you can use any payment method you want.
To check the status of your identification, go to My Viking.
If you have entered the PIN code incorrectly three times, your device will require your PUK code. You can now use the puk1 code. After entering this PUK code you choose a new PIN code.
It's very simple. Immediately after your order, you will receive an e-mail with an activation code to activate your eSIM. Using the red button in that e-mail, go to your My Viking account and enter the code there.
Once that's done, you'll get a second email with a QR code that you scan with your phone's camera or that you scan via the settings of your phone , and your eSIM will be activated.
- Make sure your phone is connected to Wi-Fi before scanning the QR code.
- If you transfer an existing number with another operator to an eSIM from Mobile Vikings, before scanning the QR code, you must remove the physical SIM card from the previous operator from the phone.
- Similarly, if you replace a Mobile Vikings physical SIM card with a Mobile Vikings eSIM, you must remove that physical SIM card from the phone before scanning the QR code.
- For security reasons, you can only scan a QR code once. If it doesn't work a second time, please contact our helpdesk.
- Good to know: if you transfer an existing number from another operator to a Mobile Vikings eSIM, the transfer of your number to Mobile Vikings starts as soon as you enter the activation code in your My Viking account (it takes up to 1 business day max). As soon as the transfer is complete, you will receive the e-mail with the QR code. So keep that in mind (e.g. on Fridays or weekends).
First of all, change your password in your account settings. Any questions? You will find the answer below.
How does Mobile Vikings find out that this password has been leaked?
Large-scale leaks of usernames and passwords from large or well-known websites are unfortunately a regular occurrence. Examples are the leaks from Dropbox in May 2012 or LinkedIn in May 2016. Each time the details of such a leak are made public, the people operating the Have I Been Pwned service add this data to their database. This enables the service to let you check whether your username or password were ever part of such a leak. You can easily check this yourself for your email address(es) and passwords. At Mobile Vikings, we like to be proactive, so we check the passwords and notify the concerned person whenever necessary.
Has my password been shared with other services?
To ensure that leaked passwords are not used on our site, we check your password against Have I Been Pwned every time you log in to our site (or create an account or change your password). Don't worry, we never send your password itself. Instead, we will calculate a hash of your password. For example, the hash of the password "test123" is 7288EDD0FC3FFCBE93A0CF06E3568E28521687BC. It is important to note that hashing is a one-way street. In other words, it is not possible to go back to "test123" from 7288EDD0FC3FFCBE93A0CF06E3568E28521687BC.
What we do is send the first 5 characters of that hash, 7288E in this case, to Have I Been Pwned. Have I Been Pwned will then search their database for all hashed passwords that start with 7288E. They send us the last 35 characters from the hashed passwords found. If the last 35 characters of your hashed password (DD0FC3FFCBE93A0CF06E3568E28521687BC from our example) are in that list, it means that your password has been leaked at some point. In short therefore, we hash your password, we send a very short piece of that hash, and we get back a list of end pieces of hashes. Neither we nor Have I Been Pwned ever send a password itself or a full hash of a password to each other.
What are the risks if I don't change my password?
There are many people who reuse the same combination of email address and password on different websites. This is something that people with bad intentions also know. Thus if they manage to access the list of usernames and passwords that were leaked from Dropbox in 2012, they will try to use it to log in to a large number of other websites. They do this on an automatic basis using scripts or tools with which they can try thousands of combinations per second.
If you had an account with Dropbox in 2012, and you now use the same username and password with Mobile Vikings that you had with Dropbox back then, there is a chance that someone could use this list of leaked data to log into your Mobile Vikings account. Therefore, it is important that you use a unique password for each website or service. This ensures that people who get hold of your data from website A can only use it to log in to website A, and not to websites B, C or D.
Tethering/personal hotspot allows you to share the mobile internet connection on your smartphone with one or more different devices. This is usually via WiFi: your device is visible as a possible WiFi-network to connect with. You can also set it up using a USB data cable or Bluetooth.
If your device has this function and you enter the required setting (this is different for each device - check the manual of your device), you will be able to tether.
Our settings guides show how to set up your personal hotspot for most devices.
Do you have an iPhone or iPad, and get a message telling you to contact Carrier to activate your hotspot? Follow the steps below:
- Go to 'Settings' and select 'Mobile Network'.
- Go to 'Mobile data network' and scroll down for the option 'personal hotspot'.
- Enter the correct APN data: APN: web.be - Username: web - Password: web
- Make sure the same settings are filled in for 'Mobile Data' and 'LTE set up'.
- Then restart your device to save the settings. Your hotspot will now be available and you can share your mobile Internet with other devices.
That depends on the date your internet subscription becomes active. Perhaps a table would make it clearer:
If you have a subscription, you can do this via the SIM card settings of the number for which you want an eSIM. You will then immediately receive an email with the necessary instructions to activate it.
To prevent abuse, you cannot link an account number to more than one Mobile Vikings account. But what if you still want to use the same account number for multiple accounts? Don't worry, there is a solution! Just give the account with payment method management rights over the SIM card in question. We explain how to do this below:
- Log in to the account without a payment method and go to your SIM card settings in My Viking. You can only do this once your SIM card is active.
- Choose Authorizations and then 'give someone authorization'.
- Enter the email address of the account with the payment method. Confirm with your password.
- Log in to the account with the payment method and accept the management rights for the SIM card.
- Go to your payment methods to link the new SIM card to your payment method.
- That's it! 🙂
- Your usage history is available in My Viking. You will find an overview of all data sessions, incoming/outgoing calls and incoming/outgoing texts.
- In the My Viking app, you will find the usage history under the tab (cue the drum rolls)… ‘Usage’.
Keep in mind that a data session can remain active for several days. This depends on the type of device you are using. A data session can be force stopped if you set your device to airplane mode or if you restart it all together.
Every SIM card has a unique serial number, the SN number. That number can be activated, or overwritten if you choose to keep your phone number from your previous provider. Sometimes your device will display the SN number instead of your phone number. But don't worry: that number won't be active, and if you make calls or send text messages, your contacts will see your active phone number.
Your SIM card can be topped up via your account by clicking on the red button 'Top up SIM card' (displayed at the top of each page) or via 'Top-up' in the My Viking app. Use one of the following methods to top-up:
- Payconic by Bancontact App
- Mastercard or Visa
- Text: send a text with the message "SIM TOPUP" to 1984. Before you can do so, you must set up a payment method.
- Automatic top-up: top-up your SIM card automatically when the calling credit drops below a certain amount. Before you can do so, you must set up a payment method.
- Viking Points: top up your SIM card with Viking Points. 1 Viking Point equals € 1.
- Paypal: you can create a PayPal account via the Paypal website.
Using these payment methods the calling credit will be on your SIM card almost instantly.
Tip: if you think a top-up went wrong (if you suspect that the money will be taken from your account, but no calling credit will be added to your SIM card), reach out to our helpdesk before making a second payment. This will avoid that a second top-up is registered on the same day.
Combining payment methods: Your Viking Points can be combined with another payment method to top up your SIM card.
For the time being, you cannot install your Mobile Vikings Internet yourself. This is one of the next priorities we are working on. For now, the installation will always be done by an installer. By the way, this is a Proximus installer, so you will have no problems at all.
Mobile Vikings is a subsidiary of Proximus, and Mobile Vikings' home Internet is activated on the Proximus VDSL and Fibre network, as well as via the Fiberklaar network. We offer two subscriptions:
- Unlimited fast internet (theoretical max. download 100 Mbps / max. upload 40 Mbps)
- Unlimited superfast internet (theoretical max. download 1 Gbps / max. upload 500 Mbps) -> only available via fibre.
You can always find your invoices/payment invitations in your My Viking account on the website. Of course, you will also receive them every month via e-mail at the e-mail address you linked to your Mobile Vikings account.
You will remain a member of a Viking Clan until, with the telephone number in question, you:
- switch to a prepaid card
- switch to a non-eligible subscription (< € 15)
- transfer that specific number to another operator
- leave the Viking Clan via your My Viking account
If you leave a Viking Clan, you will not be able to become a member of another Viking Clan with that phone number, or you will be able to set up a new Viking Clan yourself for a month.
More details about the terms and conditions of a Viking Clan can be found here.
No, you’re not bound by a contract. You can come and go as you please, but we hope you’ll stay for a long time.