ÉCONOMISEZ JUSQU’À 100 % SUR VOTRE FACTURE
1. Achetez en ligne
2. Gagnez des Points Viking
3. Recevez une réduction sur votre facture
ACHETEZ AUPRÈS DE
L’UN DE NOS 250 PARTENAIRES
Calculez combien de mois
vous ne devrez rien payer
RECEVEZ JUSQU’À 15 %
EN POINTS VIKING
PAYEZ VOTRE FACTURE
AVEC DES POINTS VIKING
- 29 EUR (70 GB, UNL min.) € 29
- Points Viking V 9,10
- À payer € 19,90
IL EST TEMPS
Prêt(e) à gagner des Points Viking ?
NE RATEZ PLUS
AUCUN VIKING DEAL
How will the installation be done in my home?
The installer will call you (or the contact person you specified) about 30 minutes in advance to tell you that he/she is coming. Once on site, the following is included in your installation:
- Placing the necessary hardware
- Installation of the modem
- Installation of cables (maximum 20 metres, including possible horizontal drilling through a wall) and checking of existing cables
- Checking your home for Wi-Fi reception
All possible works that fall outside this standard procedure (e.g. digging works in your driveway) will be first discussed and agreed with the installer.
Your connection immediately after your installation
After completing your installation, an automatic check (DLM, for Dynamic Line Management) will be performed to optimise your speed. This process can take up to 10 days and your internet speed may increase during these 10 days until it reaches the optimal speed for your situation on about day 10.
To optimise your speed to the maximum extent possible, this check will be conducted every 14 days. You will not notice any of this when using your internet at home.
What is tethering/personal hotspot and how can I configure this?
Tethering/personal hotspot allows you to share the mobile internet connection on your smartphone with one or more different devices. This is usually via WiFi: your device is visible as a possible WiFi-network to connect with. You can also set it up using a USB data cable or Bluetooth.
If your device has this function and you enter the required setting (this is different for each device - check the manual of your device), you will be able to tether.
Our settings guides show how to set up your personal hotspot for most devices.
Do you have an iPhone or iPad, and get a message telling you to contact Carrier to activate your hotspot? Follow the steps below:
- Go to 'Settings' and select 'Mobile Network'.
- Go to 'Mobile data network' and scroll down for the option 'personal hotspot'.
- Enter the correct APN data: APN: web.be - Username: web - Password: web
- Make sure the same settings are filled in for 'Mobile Data' and 'LTE set up'.
- Then restart your device to save the settings. Your hotspot will now be available and you can share your mobile Internet with other devices.
Who cancels my current subscription?
We do that once you’re actively using the Mobile Vikings network. You don’t need to contact your current provider yourself.
What are the rates for special numbers?
Premium numbers or special numbers are numbers you call or text for specific services; tickets for public transport like De Lijn, a helpdesk, sms-parking, ... They normally mention the rates that apply next to the number itself. Below, you'll find a general overview:
How do I replace an eSIM with a physical SIM card?
You can do this through your SIM card settings. Follow the steps there and your physical SIM card will be sent by post. You will also receive an email with the necessary information.
How do I activate / install my eSIM?
It's very simple. Immediately after your order, you will receive an e-mail with an activation code to activate your eSIM. Using the red button in that e-mail, go to your My Viking account and enter the code there.
Once that's done, you'll get a second email with a QR code that you scan with your phone's camera or that you scan via the settings of your phone , and your eSIM will be activated.
- Make sure your phone is connected to Wi-Fi before scanning the QR code.
- If you transfer an existing number with another operator to an eSIM from Mobile Vikings, before scanning the QR code, you must remove the physical SIM card from the previous operator from the phone.
- Similarly, if you replace a Mobile Vikings physical SIM card with a Mobile Vikings eSIM, you must remove that physical SIM card from the phone before scanning the QR code.
- For security reasons, you can only scan a QR code once. If it doesn't work a second time, please contact our helpdesk.
- Good to know: if you transfer an existing number from another operator to a Mobile Vikings eSIM, the transfer of your number to Mobile Vikings starts as soon as you enter the activation code in your My Viking account (it takes up to 1 business day max). As soon as the transfer is complete, you will receive the e-mail with the QR code. So keep that in mind (e.g. on Fridays or weekends).
How do I order an eSIM and on which devices does it work?
If you are not yet a Viking, you can opt for an eSIM when you order your prepaid SIM card or SIM card with a subscription. If you are already a Viking, you can switch to an eSIM in your SIM card settings. Please note: be sure to check on this page if your phone supports an eSIM.
How do I replace a physical SIM card with an eSIM?
If you have a subscription, you can do this via the SIM card settings of the number for which you want an eSIM. You will then immediately receive an email with the necessary instructions to activate it.
What do I need to be able to surf with 5G?
You can surf on 5G if these 3 conditions are met:
You have a mobile subscription of at least €15.
Mobile subscriptions lower than €15 and top-up cards do not include 5G.
In My Viking, you can easily switch to a mobile subscription that includes 5G.
You won't pay any additional charge beyond the fixed price of your subscription to use 5G.
Your device supports 5G.
You can check if your device is 5G compatible here.
You are in a 5G region.
If 5G is not available at your location, your device will automatically switch to the best available network. Using our coverage map, you can see where you can currently surf 5G.
How can I transfer my Viking Points to another Viking?
Don’t know what to do with all your Viking Points? Help another Viking in need thanks to a new feature in the Viking App. Here’s what you do:
In the My Viking app choose 'Share Viking Points' in the 'Viking Points' menu. Via the website, go to My Viking and choose, you guessed it, 'Share Viking Points'. 🙂
SIM card identification: How do I identify myself for my SIM card?
You can identify yourself by doing your next payment with Bancontact, MasterCard, VISA, or PayPal. The law dictates this identification has to be repeated within 18 months following this first identification.
If you set up an automatic payment method or an SMS payment method with a foreign bank account, you won’t be able to activate a prepaid SIM card. Your first payment and the control payment after 18 months always have to be done with a Belgian payment method. For the other payments, you can use any payment method you want.
To check the status of your identification, go to My Viking.
I can't call anymore. What do I do?
1. First of all, reboot your device.
2. Check your remaining calling credit or bundles.
3. Credit/bundles okay? Then switch between 3G/4G/LTE. You can do that in your phone's settings:
- Apple: Settings > Mobile data > select "Enable 4G".
- Samsung (Android): Settings > More settings > Mobile networks > Network mode > select 4G, LTE or an automatic network selection.
- Nokia (Windows Phone 8): Settings > Mobile networks > Highest connection speed > LTE.
4. Are you abroad? Then try selecting another provider. You can do that in your settings as well.
5. Are you able to make outgoing calls, but unable to receive any incoming calls? Find out what to do when you're unreachable.
How can I switch off the 'do not track signal' in my browser?
The "do not track signal" in your browser ensures that your Viking Deal is not registered, and you, therefore, do not receive Viking Points. In Chrome, this feature is called "do not track". If this is on, your browser will automatically request the websites you visit not to collect or track your browsing data. To avoid missing out on a Viking Deal, it is best to turn it off. You do this like this:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Under 'Privacy and security', click Cookies and other site data.
- Turn Send a 'Do not track' request with your browsing traffic off.
The "do not track signal" in your browser ensures that your Viking Deal is not registered, and you, therefore, do not receive Viking Points. In Firefox, this feature is called "do not track". If this is on, your browser will automatically request the websites you visit not to collect or track your browsing data. To avoid missing out on a Viking Deal, it is best to turn it off. You do this like this:
- Click the menu button and select Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- Under Send websites a "Do Not Track" signal that you don't want to be tracked, choose Default.
- Close the page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
How do I replace an eSIM by an eSIM?
First, delete the unnecessary eSIM profile from your device. Then, request a replacement eSIM from your My Viking account and follow the instructions in your email.
I've paid my invoice or payment invitation. Why is it still marked as unpaid?
If you pay your invoice or payment invitation online (using Bancontact, Visa, MasterCard, ...) the payment is processed within 10 minutes. When paying with bank transfer, it takes longer: up to five working days.
I have a problem with my Wi-Fi booster. How can I solve it?
- Restart your Wi-Fi booster by pressing the on/off button to switch it off. Wait 10 seconds and press again. The on/off light does not light up? Check that the Wi-Fi booster is properly connected to a power socket.
- Check that the switch on the back of the Wi-Fi booster is in the AUTO position, unless you have connected a device to the modem with an Ethernet cable (in which case the switch must be in the Access Point position).
Synchronise the Wi-Fi booster and your modem.
- Press the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button on your modem for 2 seconds.
Within 2 minutes press the WPS button on your Wi-Fi booster.
- Check that the LEDs on your Wi-Fi booster are lit.
Does this not solve your problem? Then we suggest you reset your Wi-Fi booster.
- Press a pen or paperclip (avoid pencils or toothpicks) for at least 10 seconds in the small hole on the back of your Wi-Fi booster.
- Release when all the LEDs except Power and WPS go out. The WPS light will go out a few seconds later.
- Unplug your Wi-Fi booster from the wall socket.
- Your Wi-Fi booster has now been reset.
- Insert the plug back into the socket outlet.
Is roaming still free of charge in the UK after the Brexit?
Yes, Roam Like at Home still applies within the United Kingdom. This means that you can use your SIM card in the UK as if you were still in Belgium, with no extra costs.
The only exception? The Viking advantage. That's only valid within Belgium. You can check all rates via our roaming page.
How do I know whether there is a Proximus line at my address?
You can easily test this on our website. If there is no Proximus line, you can also leave your e-mail address there. We will then keep you informed.
My recent usage isn't available on the website or in the Viking App. Why?
Processing and visualising your usage may take up to a maximum of 4 hours. So yes, it's possible the call you made 5 minutes ago, isn't available yet. 🙂
What speed can I expect from my internet connection?
The speeds listed are expected maximum speeds. For Unlimited Fast Internet over VDSL, these speeds are up to 100 Mbps download, and up to 40 Mbps upload, for Unlimited Superfast Internet up to 1 Gbps download and 500 Mbps upload. We will not do an installation if we see that we cannot offer you at least a 40 Mbps download speed.
What exactly can cause the actual speed to be lower? Several factors influence this. On the network side, for example, the distance between your house and the street cabinet, how many installations are connected to the same line, ... Furthermore, things such as wiring in your house, location of the modem, the power of the processor on your PC, the number of devices that use bandwidth, etc have an impact as well. You can compare it a bit with a highway: in principle, you can drive up to 120 km per hour, but the condition of the road surface, other cars, and what kind of car you have, ... can cause you to drive slower than 120 km per hour.
On every new installation, a so-called DLM profile is active. This stands for Dynamic Line Management, a process that checks and tests your line for several weeks after activation. After a positive evaluation, depending on the test results, your line speed can be increased. Please note that the DLM process is fully automated. It is a dynamic process on the current VDSL network. As an operator, Mobile Vikings has no influence on this process. The DLM process keeps on monitoring and testing your line to guarantee a stable line and full quality.
I'm unreachable. What can I do?
You can't be reached? We'll help you get back on track asap. Please try:
- Rebooting your device
- Changing your network mode. You can do this in the settings of your device:
- Apple: Settings > Mobile data > Turn ''Switch to 4G/LTE" off
- Android: Settings > More settings > Mobile Network > Network mode > Choose an option without 4G or LTE
- Nokia (Windows Phone): Settings > Mobile network > Highest connection speed > Choose an option without 4G or LTE
None of these tips help? Contact our helpdesk. Based on a recent example, no older than 24 hours, they can check what exactly is going wrong for you! Please make sure to specify the date and time of your example, as well as the implicated numbers.
What can I do when my data roaming doesn't work?
If you cannot connect to the local mobile internet immediately, go over this checklist before you do anything else.
- Restart your device as soon as you arrive abroad.
- Try to establish a connection with the different local networks manually through your device settings. One network may provide a more stable connection than another.
- Check whether the option 'data roaming' is enabled in your device settings. This will usually be available in the 'Mobile networks' menu.
In which countries does Roam like at Home apply?
Below, you'll find a list of countries where you can Roam like at Home. This means that when you're in one of these countries, your bundles and rates apply as if you were still in Belgium. To check the rates, including outside of the EU, please visit the roaming page on our website.
Do you have a 70 GB subscription? You'll call and text without any extra costs in any of these countries. As for your mobile data: up to 27 GB, there are no additional costs. If you use more, every MB used will be charged at € 0,002/MB. You can't use your 70 GB bundle outside of the EU.
How do I manage multiple SIM cards?
Via My Viking, you can add authorizations for a specific SIM card. Log in to the account the SIM card is registered on, and enter the e-mail address of the account that wants to take over the SIM card. Both parties have to confirm, and that's that!
Please note: at the moment, it's not possible to create a new account without requesting a SIM card. This means it's also not possible to give authorizations for a SIM card to a person who doesn't already have a Mobile Vikings SIM card. We're working on fixing this ASAP!
I can't log in. What do I do?
There are multiple ways to log in. You only have one password, but you can try using your phone number instead of your email address or vice versa. If one doesn't work, try the other. Make sure your phone isn't automatically putting a capital letter at the start.
If both your number and email address don't work or you've forgotten your password, try changing your password.
How can I pay my invoice or payment invitation?
You can pay manually via your My Viking account, or with an automatic payment method (direct debit, VISA or MasterCard). If you have Viking Points, they will automatically be deducted from your invoice/payment invitation.
How do I request a SIM card with a new phone number?
By choosing a new number when you order your SIM card. First of all, choose if you want to order a SIM card with a subscription, or a prepaid SIM card. Then, check that you want a new number and follow the steps to finish your order.
How do I order a SIM card?
Do you have 5 minutes to spare? Because that's all it takes to order your Mobile Vikings SIM card! First of all, choose if you want to order a SIM card with a subscription, or a prepaid SIM card. Follow the steps on the page to finish your order. You also have the choice between an eSIM or a physical SIM card.
What do you need to transfer your current number?
- The number of your current SIM card,
- If you are under an existing contract, best to keep your customer number at hand too.
My SIM card has only just been activated. Why did I already receive an invoice or payment invitation?
A Mobile Vikings subscription is a so-called 'prepaid - postpaid' subscription. With a traditional subscription, you pay for everything afterward. With Mobile Vikings, you pay partly in advance, and partly afterward.
So, what does that mean?
You always pay for your bundle in advance, just like with a prepaid SIM card that you top up in advance. That is why you'll receive your first invoice or payment invitation a few days after activating your SIM card.
Your usage out of bundle is paid afterward - postpaid. We can't charge this usage before it's happened. If you'd like, you can limit your out-of-bundle usage.
They are performing Fiber works in my street. Will Fiber be immediately available to me then?
The rollout of Fiber near or at your home does not mean that it will be available right away. In some cases, the work is carried out in zones: Fiber is fully rolled out per planned zone before it is made available. You may therefore have to wait a while before you are able to use Fiber.