BESPAAR TOT 100% OP JE REKENING
1. Shop online
2. Verdien Vikingpunten
3. Krijg korting op je rekening
Shop bij onze
Bereken hoeveel maanden
je niks hoeft te betalen
Krijg tot 15%
Betaal je rekening
- 29 EUR (50 GB, UNL min.) € 29
- Vikingpunten V 9,10
- Te betalen € 19,90
Mis nooit meer
een viking deal
Heb je misschien nog een vraag?
Mobile Vikings does not offer a subscription to digital TV. Most of the content available via digital TV today can be easily watched online. Think VRT MAX, or the websites of most of the TV channels. For Eleven, streamz or Disney+ for example, you don't need digital TV anymore either. 😉 That's exactly why Mobile Vikings internet at home offers unlimited volumes: you surf, stream and game as you like.
It is not possible to send or receive MMS messages with a Mobile Vikings SIM card. Of course, you can still send pictures and images through e-mail, Messenger, WhatsApp, ...
If someone tries to send an MMS to your number, you'll receive a text message including a link to view the MMS online. You’ll have to log in on this website by using your phone number as username. Enter 324… instead of +324, 00324, etc. The password can be found in the text message you’ve received.
If it’s not possible to check this website via your smartphone, it should be a better option to go do this on a PC instead. An MMS will be valid on this website for one month. Afterward, it isn’t possible anymore to log in to watch the message.
Of course. Via the free apps or the channels' websites, you always have the option to watch broadcasts live.
If you already have an internet subscription with another provider, and you want to switch to Mobile Vikings, you may cancel your current internet subscription with your current operator. If you currently have a pack with that operator (with e.g. fixed internet, tv and 2 mobile numbers), you may choose to cancel all or some of these services. Also be sure to check payment terms for hardware (e.g. residual value to be paid for a TV or laptop) that you may have with your current provider. Pay close attention, because there may be additional costs in such cases, e.g. a final invoice. Also ensure that you synchronise the deactivation dates of your current subscription with the installation/activation dates of your Mobile Vikings internet subscription.
Important note: if at your address there is already an active connection to the Proximus network (Proximus, Scarlet, edpnet,...), this connection will automatically be switched to Mobile Vikings, and you will no longer have access to the services you previously subscribed to via this connection. We do advise to double-check with your old provider to make sure everything is canceled correctly!
At the moment, Easy Switch isn't available. Yet!
Billing starts as soon as your internet subscription is activated. You will then receive a monthly invoice/payment invitation.
If you cannot connect to the local mobile internet immediately, go over this checklist before you do anything else.
- Restart your device several times as soon as you arrive abroad.
- Try to establish a connection with the different local networks manually through your device settings. One network may provide a more stable connection than another.
- Check whether the option 'data roaming' is enabled in your device settings. This will usually be available in the 'Mobile networks' menu.
You need your SIM card number to transfer your number to Mobile Vikings. There are several ways to find it.
- On your SIM card itself.
- Via your smartphone:
- IOS: go to settings --> General --> Info. You'll find the SIM card number under 'ICCID'.
- Android: via an app, for example, SIM Card for Android.
- Windows Phone: go to settings --> Info (About Windows Phone) --> More information --> You'll find the SIM card number under 'SIM ID'.
- In the customer zone of your current provider.
You can identify yourself by doing your next payment with Bancontact, MasterCard, VISA, or PayPal. The law dictates this identification has to be repeated within 18 months following this first identification.
If you set up an automatic payment method or an SMS payment method with a foreign bank account, you won’t be able to activate a prepaid SIM card. Your first payment and the control payment after 18 months always have to be done with a Belgian payment method. For the other payments, you can use any payment method you want.
To check the status of your identification, go to My Viking.
To prevent abuse, you cannot link an account number to more than one Mobile Vikings account. But what if you still want to use the same account number for multiple accounts? Don't worry, there is a solution! Just give the account with payment method management rights over the SIM card in question. We explain how to do this below:
- Log in to the account without a payment method and go to your SIM card settings in My Viking. You can only do this once your SIM card is active.
- Choose Authorizations and then 'give someone authorization'.
- Enter the email address of the account with the payment method. Confirm with your password.
- Log in to the account with the payment method and accept the management rights for the SIM card.
- Go to your payment methods to link the new SIM card to your payment method.
- That's it! 🙂
Mobile Vikings uses the Proximus network for their SIM cards. You can check the coverage via our coverage map.
If you have entered the PIN code incorrectly three times, your device will require your PUK code. You can now use the puk1 code. After entering this PUK code you choose a new PIN code.
You’ll get a percentage of your purchase total as Viking Points. The exact amount depends on the webshop. An example? For booking.com the percentage is 4 %. A weekend getaway for € 480 can net you 18,6 Viking Points (= 18,6 € discount on your phone bill), just like that!
The installer will call you (or the contact person you specified) about 30 minutes in advance to tell you that he/she is coming. Once on site, the following is included in your installation:
- Placing the necessary hardware
- Installation of the modem
- Installation of cables (maximum 20 metres, including possible horizontal drilling through a wall) and checking of existing cables
- Checking your home for Wi-Fi reception
All possible works that fall outside this standard procedure (e.g. digging works in your driveway) will be first discussed and agreed with the installer.
Your connection immediately after your installation
After completing your installation, an automatic check (DLM, for Dynamic Line Management) will be performed to optimise your speed. This process can take up to 10 days and your internet speed may increase during these 10 days until it reaches the optimal speed for your situation on about day 10.
To optimise your speed to the maximum extent possible, this check will be conducted every 14 days. You will not notice any of this when using your internet at home.
Well, yes! At Mobile Vikings, you get a part of your purchase amount back after you’ve shopped online. Not in euros, but in Viking Points. You can use those to pay for your top-up or invoice. And we keep it very simple: 1 Viking Point = € 1.
The following is included in your installation
- Installation of the necessary hardware
- Installation of the modem
- Checking your home for Wi-Fi reception
- Check your Wi-Fi connection on pc/laptop (via cable or built-in wireless-card)
The installer examines your current situation on-site and what is required to complete your connection. Examples are the digging (such as your driveway) or drilling work (e.g. between two floors) that may be required. If such additional work involves extra costs, a quote will be drawn up first.
Do you have 5 minutes to spare? Because that's all it takes to order your Mobile Vikings SIM card! First of all, choose if you want to order a SIM card with a subscription, or a prepaid SIM card. Follow the steps on the page to finish your order. You also have the choice between an eSIM or a physical SIM card.
What do you need to transfer your current number?
- The number of your current SIM card,
- If you are under an existing contract, best to keep your customer number at hand too.
For the time being, you cannot install your Mobile Vikings Internet yourself. This is one of the next priorities we are working on. For now, the installation will always be done by an installer. By the way, this is a Proximus installer, so you will have no problems at all.
Want to know how to get in contact with Mobile Vikings?
- Go to our Help & Support and use the search function.
- Ask us directly via Facebook (Messenger) or Twitter.
- Fill out our form to contact us via e-mail.
- We're temporarily not reachable by phone. Would you like to talk to an agent? On workdays you can enter your number on this page, from 9:30 until 16:30. We'll call you back within 30 minutes if you do.
Mobile Vikings is situated in Hasselt. Our info:
Kempische Steenweg 309/1
Phone: +32 78 353 033
Your SIM card can be topped up via your account by clicking on the red button 'Top up SIM card' (displayed at the top of each page) or via 'Top-up' in the My Viking app. Use one of the following methods to top-up:
- Payconic by Bancontact App
- Mastercard or Visa
- Text: send a text with the message "SIM TOPUP" to 1984. Before you can do so, you must set up a payment method.
- Automatic top-up: top-up your SIM card automatically when the calling credit drops below a certain amount. Before you can do so, you must set up a payment method.
- Viking Points: top up your SIM card with Viking Points. 1 Viking Point equals € 1.
- Paypal: you can create a PayPal account via the Paypal website.
Using these payment methods the calling credit will be on your SIM card almost instantly.
Tip: if you think a top-up went wrong (if you suspect that the money will be taken from your account, but no calling credit will be added to your SIM card), reach out to our helpdesk before making a second payment. This will avoid that a second top-up is registered on the same day.
Combining payment methods: Your Viking Points can be combined with another payment method to top up your SIM card.
Of course you can. You easily use all apps on your TV without having to use your smartphone or laptop ever again. Moreover, you only need to install these apps once. You have two options:
- You own a smart TV
- Via your TV's menu you search for the VRT MAX, VTM GO and GoPLAY apps and install these. You log in once and you watch all your favourite programs for free anytime you want.
- You don't own a smart TV
- Not an issue at all. A casting device will turn any TV into a smart TV in seconds. We recommend a device that supports Google TV or Android TV. This would allow installation of the apps directly on the device, plus the menu is extremely userfriendly. And last but not least, you'll have a remote. 😉
Recommendation then? That would be the Google Chromecast with Google TV. So, a small, one-time investment as compared to all the money you'll be saving by getting rid of your TV subscription and digicorder.
Do you have an eSIM? Click here.
- Visit www.mobilevikings.be/en/activation.
- Enter the last four digits of your Mobile Vikings SIM card number.
- That's it!
- Are you activating a completely new SIM card with a new number, or a replacement SIM card? The activation will take up to an hour.
- Are you activating a SIM card with number transfer? The activation will take up to 24 hours. Your old SIM card will work right up until the Mobile Vikings SIM card is activated.
The modem and its placement are included in the installation, at no additional cost.
If you have a device that supports 4G and you are in a 4G zone, the only question remaining is how to activate 4G. The settings can vary slightly, but the following steps apply to most devices:
- Apple (iPad, iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 Plus): Settings > Mobile data > select "Enable 4G".
- Samsung (Android): Settings > More settings > Mobile networks > Network mode > select 4G, LTE or an automatic network selection.
- HTC (Android): Settings > Mobile networks > Network mode > select 4G, LTE or an automatic network selection.
- Sony (Android): Settings > Wireless and networks > Mobile networks > Network mode > select 4G, LTE or an automatic network selection.
- Windows Phone: Settings > Mobile networks > Highest connection speed > LTE.
If, despite configuring the correct settings and being in the right location, you are unable to activate 4G, please contact our customer care team.
LTE and 4G are usually used interchangeably, so if you see LTE on your mobile, you can assume that you are surfing via 4G. And vice-versa.
More details? In short: 4G is a network standard that enables a very fast mobile data connection. When 4G was launched, the speed needed to reach that standard was often too high. LTE, which stands for 'Long Term Evolution', is the technology developed to enable those 4G speeds. As that technology got closer to those speeds, the terms became increasingly interchangeable.
Premium usage is the usage of third-party services. A few examples: purchasing public transport tickets with SMS, SMS parking, ringtones, 0900 numbers, etc.
These rates are established by those third-party suppliers. Mobile Vikings only collects these amounts (including VAT) and transfers them to the supplier of such a specific service. Therefore, this usage will be mentioned separately on your invoice applying 0% VAT.
No longer satisfied?
We're sorry you're no longer satisfied with Mobile Vikings. But we undoubtedly have a tariff plan that's a perfect match for you, or a solution for whatever issues you're encountering. Would you like us to help you out? Give us a call, or chat with one of our colleagues on this page. Or e-mail us, and we'll sort it out together.
Would you rather terminate your subscription or prepaid SIM card?
If you want to keep your number, your new provider will take care of everything. You do not have to terminate anything with us. Do you want to terminate your number completely? You can do so via My Viking. If you have a prepaid SIM card, it suffices to stop topping up. Your number will then automatically expire.
You can't switch to Mobile Vikings internet at home with Easy Switch just yet. We're currently working hard on integrating this.
PRO TIP: If you switch to Mobile Vikings internet at home, only cancel your subscription with your current operator once your Mobile Vikings connection is active.
It's very simple. Immediately after your order, you will receive an e-mail with an activation code to activate your eSIM. Using the red button in that e-mail, go to your My Viking account and enter the code there.
Once that's done, you'll get a second email with a QR code that you scan with your phone's camera or that you scan via the settings of your phone , and your eSIM will be activated.
- Make sure your phone is connected to Wi-Fi before scanning the QR code.
- If you transfer an existing number with another operator to an eSIM from Mobile Vikings, before scanning the QR code, you must remove the physical SIM card from the previous operator from the phone.
- Similarly, if you replace a Mobile Vikings physical SIM card with a Mobile Vikings eSIM, you must remove that physical SIM card from the phone before scanning the QR code.
- For security reasons, you can only scan a QR code once. If it doesn't work a second time, please contact our helpdesk.
- Good to know: if you transfer an existing number from another operator to a Mobile Vikings eSIM, the transfer of your number to Mobile Vikings starts as soon as you enter the activation code in your My Viking account (it takes up to 1 business day max). As soon as the transfer is complete, you will receive the e-mail with the QR code. So keep that in mind (e.g. on Fridays or weekends).