Ce tableau comparatif ne contient pas d’informations sur les tarifs temporaires ou les bonus gratuits.
Vous préférez une comparaison indépendante ? Rendez-vous sur meilleurtarif.be, où vous verrez que nous offrons les mêmes tarifs avantageux.
Découvrez tous les abonnements
Passer à Mobile Vikings est un jeu d'enfant
Choisissez votre abonnement
Vous conservez votre numéro de GSM
Nous nous occupons du reste
What speed can I expect from my internet connection?
The speeds listed are expected maximum speeds. For Unlimited Fast Internet over VDSL, these speeds are up to 100 Mbps download, and up to 40 Mbps upload, for Unlimited Superfast Internet up to 1 Gbps download and 500 Mbps upload. We will not do an installation if we see that we cannot offer you at least a 40 Mbps download speed.
What exactly can cause the actual speed to be lower? Several factors influence this. On the network side, for example, the distance between your house and the street cabinet, how many installations are connected to the same line, ... Furthermore, things such as wiring in your house, location of the modem, the power of the processor on your PC, the number of devices that use bandwidth, etc have an impact as well. You can compare it a bit with a highway: in principle, you can drive up to 120 km per hour, but the condition of the road surface, other cars, and what kind of car you have, ... can cause you to drive slower than 120 km per hour.
On every new installation, a so-called DLM profile is active. This stands for Dynamic Line Management, a process that checks and tests your line for several weeks after activation. After a positive evaluation, depending on the test results, your line speed can be increased. Please note that the DLM process is fully automated. It is a dynamic process on the current VDSL network. As an operator, Mobile Vikings has no influence on this process. The DLM process keeps on monitoring and testing your line to guarantee a stable line and full quality.
I used a Viking Deal but don't see any Viking Points yet. What went wrong?
Did you only just make your purchase? Then don't worry yet. It can take up to 48 hours to fully register your purchase or booking. Have you been waiting any longer? Below, you'll find a list of possible culprits. With solutions!
- Your purchase or booking is linked to another channel. If you visit price comparison sites, or click through via Google Ads, via a marketing campaign of a partner, ... after activating your Viking Deal, our cookie may be overwritten. We will not see your purchase or booking, so you cannot get Viking Points for it. Solution? Activate the Viking Deal just before completing your order.
- A "do not track" signal has been set in your browser. This may prevent a partner from linking your purchase or booking to your Mobile Vikings account. Solution? Turn off the "do not track" signal.
- Something went wrong with the Viking Deal partner. Rare, but it happens! Solution? If you submit a claim, we will check it for you. We can't promise anything, but if you still get Viking Points, we'll let you know. Because of the exchange period, among other things, it may take a while before our partners investigate such a claim.
- You bought something that you cannot earn Viking Points for. Solution? Always check the terms and conditions for each Viking Deal before you activate it.
- You paid with a gift card or used a promotional code. Solution? This too is always stated in the terms and conditions of every Viking Deal, so you know whether you'll earn Viking Points or not!
- You placed your order with a business or professional account. Solution? For some Viking Deal partners, you can't earn Viking Points as a business user. This is always stated in the conditions of the Viking Deal in question.
Can I transfer my Mobile Vikings SIM card to another Mobile Vikings account?
Yes, you can! You can do this through your account settings. The process goes like this:
- Choose the SIM card you want to transfer.
- Enter the details of the person to whom you are transferring the SIM card.
- They will receive an email that has a button to accept the transfer.
- They then need to fill in the necessary information to start the transfer.
- Once the transfer has been completed, the recipient will receive a confirmation email. Done!
Please keep in mind:
- Active bundles and/or calling credit on the SIM card expire. The recipient can choose a new subscription or top-up.
- Your linked payment method will be automatically unlinked and will not be transferred along with the SIM card.
- You cannot transfer your SIM card to a minor Viking.
- The recipient will not receive a new SIM card - so be sure to give it to them!
How can I test my internet speed?
You can test your internet speed in two ways: via Wi-Fi, or with an ethernet cable (which you connect to a laptop, for example). If you notice speed differences between different devices, it is definitely worth testing your speed in both ways and comparing the results. Your Wi-Fi network can be saturated by too many connected devices.
Is roaming still free of charge in the UK after the Brexit?
Yes, Roam Like at Home still applies within the United Kingdom. This means that you can use your SIM card in the UK as if you were still in Belgium, with no extra costs.
The only exception? The Viking advantage. That's only valid within Belgium. You can check all rates via our roaming page.
They are performing Fiber works in my street. Will Fiber be immediately available to me then?
The rollout of Fiber near or at your home does not mean that it will be available right away. In some cases, the work is carried out in zones: Fiber is fully rolled out per planned zone before it is made available. You may therefore have to wait a while before you are able to use Fiber.
How can I get in contact with Mobile Vikings?
Want to know how to get in contact with Mobile Vikings?
- Visit our Help & Support page.
- Fill out our form to contact us via e-mail.
- We are reachable by phone on workdays from 9:30 until 16:00, via 0456 19 19 76.
Mobile Vikings is situated in Hasselt. Our info:
Kempische Steenweg 309/1
Phone: +32 456 19 19 76
My direct debit is already in use. How do I create a payment method?
To prevent abuse, you cannot link an account number to more than one Mobile Vikings account. But what if you still want to use the same account number for multiple accounts? Don't worry, there is a solution! Just give the account with payment method management rights over the SIM card in question. We explain how to do this below:
- Log in to the account without a payment method and go to your SIM card settings in My Viking. You can only do this once your SIM card is active.
- Choose Authorizations and then 'give someone authorization'.
- Enter the email address of the account with the payment method. Confirm with your password.
- Log in to the account with the payment method and accept the management rights for the SIM card.
- Go to your payment methods to link the new SIM card to your payment method.
- That's it! 🙂
What are the rates for roaming in the EU?
As long as you're in the EU, the same rates as in Belgium apply - no extra costs!
You can call and text within the EU without extra costs. Do you have the 70 GB subscription? Up to a usage of 27 GB there will be no extra costs. If you use more data, every MB used in the EU will be charged at € 0,002/MB. Do you want to avoid out of bundle costs? Then you can renew or adjust your subscription via My Viking.
SIM card identification: How do I identify myself for my SIM card?
You can identify yourself by doing your next payment with Bancontact, MasterCard, VISA, or PayPal. The law dictates this identification has to be repeated within 18 months following this first identification.
If you set up an automatic payment method or an SMS payment method with a foreign bank account, you won’t be able to activate a prepaid SIM card. Your first payment and the control payment after 18 months always have to be done with a Belgian payment method. For the other payments, you can use any payment method you want.
To check the status of your identification, go to My Viking.
How do I activate my SIM card?
Do you have an eSIM? Click here.
- Visit www.mobilevikings.be/en/activation.
- Enter the last four digits of your Mobile Vikings SIM card number.
- That's it!
- Are you activating a completely new SIM card with a new number, or a replacement SIM card? The activation will take up to an hour.
- Are you activating a SIM card with number transfer? The activation will take up to 24 hours. Your old SIM card will work right up until the Mobile Vikings SIM card is activated.
How do the online Viking Deals work?
You shop online with our Viking Deal partners, earning back up to 15 % of your purchase in Viking Points. 1 Viking Point = € 1 = savings on your next invoice/payment invitation or top-up.
How does it work?
How many Viking Points do I get?
When do I get my Viking Points?
What if something went wrong?
How does it work?
There are 2 ways to use a Viking Deal:
- Via the Viking Deal page on the Mobile Vikings website or in the Viking App.
This page shows an up-to-date overview of all current partnerships. To activate a Viking Deal, you visit our partner via the red button.
Important to know:
- You have to be logged in to your Mobile Vikings account.
- The Viking Deal won't be activated if you surf incognito or have an active adblocker.
- Make sure the 'do not track signal' option of your browser is switched off.
- There's no limit to the amount of Viking Points you can earn with the Viking Deals, as long as you have an active Mobile Vikings SIM card.
- Compare prices? Do it before you shop! If you were to open a new tab or a different browser while you are shopping, our cookie will be overwritten with that of the new website. The partner will no longer know you're a Viking, and you won't get Viking Points. 🙁
- Via the Viking Deals plug-in.
Never want to miss a Viking Deal? Our plug-in notifies you when you're browsing one of our partners' webshops, so you'll never miss another Viking Deal again. You simply click the notification to enable the Viking Deal, and you'll earn Viking Points on your purchase.
The plug-in is an extension of your browser, the program you use to surf the internet. You can download it for free it for Chrome,Firefox and Safari. Please keep in mind that the plug-in doesn't work for Aliexpress, bol.com or Coolblue.
How many Viking Points do I get?
The amount of Viking Points you'll earn depends on the Viking Deal, and is always mentioned on the specific partner's page. If it's a percentage of your purchase amount, this is always calculated based on your purchase total excluding VAT, service costs, and shipping costs. You will not get any Viking Points if you buy a voucher or a gift card.
When do I get my Viking Points?
You'll get a confirmation of your purchase or booking within 24 hours. At this point, you'll see the points on hold in your Viking Points overview. They'll stay on hold until the purchase or booking has been handled.
- For a purchase, you'll receive your Viking Points after the exchange period has passed, usually about a month.
- For a booking, you'll receive your Viking Points about 8 to 12 weeks after your actual stay.
What if something went wrong?
Have you been waiting very long, or were your Viking Points not put on hold? Submit your purchase/reservation through our claim form.
How does the Only Data rate plan work?
How does the Only Data rate plan work? The Only Data rate plan works exactly in the same way a different prepaid card does: you top up via the website or the My Viking app. The data bundle in your Only Data rate plan is valid for 1 calendar month.
Since calling minutes and texts are not included in this top-up, you can't start calls or send text messages with this rate plan. You can call free numbers or emergency numbers, or receive calls and text messages. Other Vikings are alsostill able to call and text you free of charge with their Viking advantage.
FYI: if you want to switch to the Only Data rate plan, you don’t need a new SIM card if you have a regular one already. You only need a new SIM card if you want to switch from a data-only SIM card.
What can I do when my data roaming doesn't work?
If you cannot connect to the local mobile internet immediately, go over this checklist before you do anything else.
- Restart your device as soon as you arrive abroad.
- Try to establish a connection with the different local networks manually through your device settings. One network may provide a more stable connection than another.
- Check whether the option 'data roaming' is enabled in your device settings. This will usually be available in the 'Mobile networks' menu.
Can I only use an eSIM in a mobile phone or can I also install it on my router/tablet/… too?
An eSIM can logically only be used in a compatible phone. Check this page to see if your phone supports an eSIM. The Mobile Vikings eSIMs cannot be used in a smartwatch (e.g. Apple Watch).
I have a new credit card or bank account number. How do I change my payment method?
You will have to set up a new payment method. You can do so via My Viking.
How can I terminate my Mobile Vikings subscription or prepaid SIM card?
No longer satisfied?
We're sorry you're no longer satisfied with Mobile Vikings. But we undoubtedly have a tariff plan that's a perfect match for you, or a solution for whatever issues you're encountering. Would you like us to help you out? Give us a call, or chat with one of our colleagues on this page. Or e-mail us, and we'll sort it out together.
Would you rather terminate your subscription or prepaid SIM card?
If you want to keep your number, your new provider will take care of everything. You do not have to terminate anything with us. Do you want to terminate your number completely? You can do so via My Viking. If you have a prepaid SIM card, it suffices to stop topping up. Your number will then automatically expire.
How can I rename my Wi-Fi network?
Note: this can only be done on a device that is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- If you prefer, you can follow our guides!
- Go to http://192.168.1.1.
- Login with the user and password indicated on the sticker on the back of your modem.
- Then click the cogwheel next to Wi-Fi 5 Ghz or Wi-Fi 2.4 Ghz.
- Modify the name and/or password of your Wi-Fi network (SSID) and press ok. Choose a secure password, and preferably save it in a digital password manager (e.g. Bitwarden or LastPass). Note: devices that were already connected to your Wi-Fi will need to be reconnected with this new data.
Do I still have a SIM card number with an eSIM? Where can I find this?
Yes, an eSIM also has a "SIM card number". You can find it for a specific telephone number on the "SIM Info" tab in your My Viking account.
Where is Fiber already available?
Currently, Fiber is already available mainly in large cities. By 2028, 70% of all households in Belgium should already be able to use Fiber. You can check on our website if and when your home is eligible for the installation of Fiber.
Can I get Wi-Fi extenders or Wi-Fi boosters through Mobile Vikings?
Wi-Fi boosters are available for rent at €3/month. For this, you have to consult your installer for the installation. If the 3 checks in your home show that boosters are appropriate, you can ask him/her to install them. They will appear on your invoice/payment invitation every month.
Can I also get a TV subscription with Mobile Vikings?
Mobile Vikings does not offer a subscription to digital TV. Most of the content available via digital TV today can be easily watched online. Think VRT MAX, or the websites of most of the TV channels. For Eleven, streamz or Disney+ for example, you don't need digital TV anymore either. 😉 That's exactly why Mobile Vikings internet at home offers unlimited volumes: you surf, stream and game as you like.
Does my subscription allow me to make a call to another country?
Absolutely, but such calls are not included in the calling minutes in your bundle. If you make a call to another country, you will see the charges in your next invoice or payment invitation. You can view the call rates using our roaming wizard.
I need a different type of SIM card. What should I do?
Where do I find the PIN and PUK code of my SIM card?
If you have entered the PIN code incorrectly three times, your device will require your PUK code. You can now use the puk1 code. After entering this PUK code you choose a new PIN code.
Do you want to change the PIN code? You can change it via the settings on your phone. If this function is not available, you can instead form and call the following code:
(*)*04*[old PIN]*[new PIN]*[new PIN]#. Insert this code and press "Call".
(*) for some devices only one * is required before the code.
What will trigger an automatic top-up?
As soon as a payment method has been configured via My Viking, you can indicate the conditions to trigger the automatic top-up of your calling credit. Select one of the following:
- Minimum calling credit: your SIM card will be topped up automatically when your credit drops below e.g. € 5 or € 10.
- The expiry date of your bundle with Viking advantages, the free texts, and data: your SIM card will be topped up automatically a couple of hours before your free bundle expires (i.e. 1 calendar month after your last top-up).
- The minimum amount of mobile data: if you have almost no mobile data left, your SIM card will be topped up automatically within a couple of hours. Your automatic top-up will be triggered when your data credit drops below 100 MB.
If you have an old data-only SIM card (which means you top up for € 12), your automatic top-up will be triggered when your 2GB bundle expires. This type of SIM card is no longer available.
In my subscription, I have an unlimited calling bundle and yet I have to pay for my calls. Why?
This is indeed possible. Calls to premium numbers and international numbers are always out of bundle.
I can't log in. What do I do?
There are multiple ways to log in. You only have one password, but you can try using your phone number instead of your email address or vice versa. If one doesn't work, try the other. Make sure your phone isn't automatically putting a capital letter at the start.
If both your number and email address don't work or you've forgotten your password, try changing your password.
I have an eSIM. What if I lose my smartphone?
If your smartphone is lost or stolen, you can block your eSIM and request a new one. You can also do this through your SIM card settings. You will then immediately receive an e-mail with the necessary instructions for activating it.
How do I request a SIM card with a new phone number?
By choosing a new number when you order your SIM card. First of all, choose if you want to order a SIM card with a subscription, or a prepaid SIM card. Then, check that you want a new number and follow the steps to finish your order.