Flexibilité maximale pour les employés
Do you have an eSIM? Click here.
- Visit www.mobilevikings.be/en/activation.
- Enter the last four digits of your Mobile Vikings SIM card number.
- That's it!
- Are you activating a completely new SIM card with a new number, or a replacement SIM card? The activation will take up to an hour.
- Are you activating a SIM card with number transfer? The activation will take up to 24 hours. Your old SIM card will work right up until the Mobile Vikings SIM card is activated.
It's currently not possible to merge accounts. You can transfer the authorization of a SIM card to a different account, however. To do this, go to My Viking and select 'authorizations' in the settings of your SIM card. Then follow the steps on the screen!
Of course. Via the free apps or the channels' websites, you always have the option to watch broadcasts live.
1 calendar month, starting from your most recent top-up. For example, if you top up on 8 November at 12.35 am, your bundle will remain valid until 08 December 12.35 am.
We define one calendar month as the period starting on a specific day of a month until the same day the next month. A calendar month can, therefore, be 28, 29 (in leap years), 30 or 31 days long. Another example: if you top up in March, your bundle will be valid for 31 days. If you top up in April, your bundle will be valid for 30 days.
And my remaining calling credit?
If you have any calling credit left, it will be transferred to the next month and added to your next top-up. Calling credit from a top-up is valid for 6 months and then expires.
What happens after a month?
If the month is over and you haven't topped up yet, you'll be calling, texting, and surfing out-of-bundle and the out-of-bundle rates will apply.
You can use Easy Switch to switch to Mobile Vikings internet at home. Important note: we don't offer landlines nor a TV subscription. So keep in mind that these will be terminated with your current operator, or will be covered by a new contract if you transfer mobile numbers and/or a fixed internet connection to Mobile Vikings. We therefore strongly recommend that you check your options carefully with your current operator. You can of course close your order without Easy Switch now, and contact your current operator to cancel your services there.
If you choose Easy Switch to Mobile Vikings, we will make sure that a number/all of your services with your current operator are either transferred or terminated. This is because you have a number of choices:
- You transfer your fixed internet and all your current mobile numbers to Mobile Vikings. Please note that we cannot transfer a landline and/or a subscription to digital TV to Mobile Vikings. These will then automatically be terminated, or put under a new contract with your current operator. Get in touch with your current operator for more details about this.
- You only transfer your fixed internet to Mobile Vikings. Any mobile numbers with your current operator will be terminated. Please note: these are often combined in a pack and, if so, you will have to conclude a new contract with your current operator if you want to keep these mobile numbers. Get in touch with your current operator for more details about this.
- You transfer your fixed Internet and part of your current mobile numbers to Mobile Vikings. You choose which mobile numbers will be transferred to Mobile Vikings (and to which rate plan for each individually), and which mobile numbers will be terminated by your current operator.
Let's get to it then. There's a few easy steps to follow:
- First, you decide which services you want to transfer to Mobile Vikings (see the options above - a combination of mobile numbers and/or a fixed internet connection). We strongly advise you to contact your current operator about your options for any other services (e.g. a landline, a TV subscription, or to know what happens to mobile numbers that would suddenly fall out of a pack at your current operator).
- You log in to your current operator's customer zone, or dig up an invoice from your current operator - as you will need the following information: your Easy Switch ID and your customer number at your current operator.
- During your order for Mobile Vikings internet at home on the website, indicate that you want to switch via the Easy Switch option.
- For the timing of the installation of your Mobile Vikings internet at home, you have the 2 options below. You choose the moment at which your services at your current operator are terminated.
- As soon as possible after the activation of your new Mobile Vikings services
- X number of days after the activation of your new Mobile Vikings services
Any more questions? Our helpdesk is ready for you!
Call your number from any other device. The moment you hear the voicemail message, press the asterisk. Next, you enter your phone number followed by your voicemail PIN, and you have access to your own voicemail.
If you have a device that supports 4G and you are in a 4G zone, the only question remaining is how to activate 4G. The settings can vary slightly, but the following steps apply to most devices:
- Apple (iPad, iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 Plus): Settings > Mobile data > select "Enable 4G".
- Samsung (Android): Settings > More settings > Mobile networks > Network mode > select 4G, LTE or an automatic network selection.
- HTC (Android): Settings > Mobile networks > Network mode > select 4G, LTE or an automatic network selection.
- Sony (Android): Settings > Wireless and networks > Mobile networks > Network mode > select 4G, LTE or an automatic network selection.
- Windows Phone: Settings > Mobile networks > Highest connection speed > LTE.
If, despite configuring the correct settings and being in the right location, you are unable to activate 4G, please contact our customer care team.
To prevent abuse, you cannot link an account number to more than one Mobile Vikings account. But what if you still want to use the same account number for multiple accounts? Don't worry, there is a solution! Just give the account with payment method management rights over the SIM card in question. We explain how to do this below:
- Log in to the account without a payment method and go to your SIM card settings in My Viking. You can only do this once your SIM card is active.
- Choose Authorizations and then 'give someone authorization'.
- Enter the email address of the account with the payment method. Confirm with your password.
- Log in to the account with the payment method and accept the management rights for the SIM card.
- Go to your payment methods to link the new SIM card to your payment method.
- That's it! 🙂
Mobile Vikings does not offer a subscription to digital TV. Most of the content available via digital TV today can be easily watched online. Think VRT MAX, or the websites of most of the TV channels. For Eleven, streamz or Disney+ for example, you don't need digital TV anymore either. 😉 That's exactly why Mobile Vikings internet at home offers unlimited volumes: you surf, stream and game as you like.
First of all, change your password in your account settings. Any questions? You will find the answer below.
How does Mobile Vikings find out that this password has been leaked?
Has my password been shared with other services?
What are the risks if I don't change my password?
How does Mobile Vikings find out that this password has been leaked?
Large-scale leaks of usernames and passwords from large or well-known websites are unfortunately a regular occurrence. Examples are the leaks from Dropbox in May 2012 or LinkedIn in May 2016. Each time the details of such a leak are made public, the people operating the Have I Been Pwned service add this data to their database. This enables the service to let you check whether your username or password were ever part of such a leak. You can easily check this yourself for your email address(es) and passwords. At Mobile Vikings, we like to be proactive, so we check the passwords and notify the concerned person whenever necessary.
Has my password been shared with other services?
To ensure that leaked passwords are not used on our site, we check your password against Have I Been Pwned every time you log in to our site (or create an account or change your password). Don't worry, we never send your password itself. Instead, we will calculate a hash of your password. For example, the hash of the password "test123" is 7288EDD0FC3FFCBE93A0CF06E3568E28521687BC. It is important to note that hashing is a one-way street. In other words, it is not possible to go back to "test123" from 7288EDD0FC3FFCBE93A0CF06E3568E28521687BC.
What we do is send the first 5 characters of that hash, 7288E in this case, to Have I Been Pwned. Have I Been Pwned will then search their database for all hashed passwords that start with 7288E. They send us the last 35 characters from the hashed passwords found. If the last 35 characters of your hashed password (DD0FC3FFCBE93A0CF06E3568E28521687BC from our example) are in that list, it means that your password has been leaked at some point. In short therefore, we hash your password, we send a very short piece of that hash, and we get back a list of end pieces of hashes. Neither we nor Have I Been Pwned ever send a password itself or a full hash of a password to each other.
What are the risks if I don't change my password?
There are many people who reuse the same combination of email address and password on different websites. This is something that people with bad intentions also know. Thus if they manage to access the list of usernames and passwords that were leaked from Dropbox in 2012, they will try to use it to log in to a large number of other websites. They do this on an automatic basis using scripts or tools with which they can try thousands of combinations per second.
If you had an account with Dropbox in 2012, and you now use the same username and password with Mobile Vikings that you had with Dropbox back then, there is a chance that someone could use this list of leaked data to log into your Mobile Vikings account. Therefore, it is important that you use a unique password for each website or service. This ensures that people who get hold of your data from website A can only use it to log in to website A, and not to websites B, C or D.
Well, yes! At Mobile Vikings, you get a part of your purchase amount back after you’ve shopped online. Not in euros, but in Viking Points. You can use those to pay for your top-up or invoice. And we keep it very simple: 1 Viking Point = € 1.
LTE and 4G are usually used interchangeably, so if you see LTE on your mobile, you can assume that you are surfing via 4G. And vice-versa.
More details? In short: 4G is a network standard that enables a very fast mobile data connection. When 4G was launched, the speed needed to reach that standard was often too high. LTE, which stands for 'Long Term Evolution', is the technology developed to enable those 4G speeds. As that technology got closer to those speeds, the terms became increasingly interchangeable.
If you have entered the PIN code incorrectly three times, your device will require your PUK code. You can now use the puk1 code. After entering this PUK code you choose a new PIN code.
You can find your Telenet customer number at the top of your invoice, or at the top of your My Telenet account. Your Telenet customer number consists of 9-10 characters.
Your Easy Switch ID can be found at the bottom left of your invoice, next to your total amount. In your My Telenet account, you can find it under Administration / Your Easy Switch ID. Your Easy Switch ID consists of 9-10 characters or has the format "ES" + 18 digits.
Mobile Vikings is a subsidiary of Proximus, and Mobile Vikings' home Internet is activated on the Proximus VDSL and Fibre network, as well as via the Fiberklaar network. We offer two subscriptions:
- Unlimited fast internet (theoretical max. download 100 Mbps / max. upload 40 Mbps)
- Unlimited superfast internet (theoretical max. download 1 Gbps / max. upload 500 Mbps) -> only available via fibre.
Yes, Roam Like at Home still applies within the United Kingdom. This means that you can use your SIM card in the UK as if you were still in Belgium, with no extra costs.
The only exception? The Viking advantage. That's only valid within Belgium. You can check all rates via our roaming page.
The speeds listed are expected maximum speeds. For Unlimited Fast Internet over VDSL, these speeds are up to 100 Mbps download, and up to 40 Mbps upload, for Unlimited Superfast Internet up to 1 Gbps download and 500 Mbps upload. We will not do an installation if we see that we cannot offer you at least a 40 Mbps download speed.
What exactly can cause the actual speed to be lower? Several factors influence this. On the network side, for example, the distance between your house and the street cabinet, how many installations are connected to the same line, ... Furthermore, things such as wiring in your house, location of the modem, the power of the processor on your PC, the number of devices that use bandwidth, etc have an impact as well. You can compare it a bit with a highway: in principle, you can drive up to 120 km per hour, but the condition of the road surface, other cars, and what kind of car you have, ... can cause you to drive slower than 120 km per hour.
On every new installation, a so-called DLM profile is active. This stands for Dynamic Line Management, a process that checks and tests your line for several weeks after activation. After a positive evaluation, depending on the test results, your line speed can be increased. Please note that the DLM process is fully automated. It is a dynamic process on the current VDSL network. As an operator, Mobile Vikings has no influence on this process. The DLM process keeps on monitoring and testing your line to guarantee a stable line and full quality.
Want to know how to get in contact with Mobile Vikings?
- Visit our Help & Support page.
- Fill out our form to contact us via e-mail.
- We reachable by phone on workdays from 9:30 until 16:00, via 0456 19 19 76.
Mobile Vikings is situated in Hasselt. Our info:
Kempische Steenweg 309/1
Phone: +32 456 19 19 76
You can do so via our website! Happy surfing. 🙂
First, we'll do a check on your address to see what kind of speeds we'd be able to offer and if Fiber is available. Unfortunately, if we see we can't offer a sufficient speed you won't be able to get our internet installed.
Once we've done the check, you can place your order and make an appointment for the installation. Usually, this can be done within two weeks. Make sure you enter the right number! The technician will contact you about half an hour before they arrive.
Once your installation is done, that's it!
You can identify yourself by doing your next payment with Bancontact, MasterCard, VISA, or PayPal. The law dictates this identification has to be repeated within 18 months following this first identification.
If you set up an automatic payment method or an SMS payment method with a foreign bank account, you won’t be able to activate a prepaid SIM card. Your first payment and the control payment after 18 months always have to be done with a Belgian payment method. For the other payments, you can use any payment method you want.
To check the status of your identification, go to My Viking.
If your smartphone is lost or stolen, you can block your eSIM and request a new one. You can also do this through your SIM card settings. You will then immediately receive an e-mail with the necessary instructions for activating it.
As soon as a payment method has been configured via My Viking, you can indicate the conditions to trigger the automatic top-up of your calling credit. Select one of the following:
- Minimum calling credit: your SIM card will be topped up automatically when your credit drops below e.g. € 5 or € 10.
- The expiry date of your bundle with Viking advantages, the free texts, and data: your SIM card will be topped up automatically a couple of hours before your free bundle expires (i.e. 1 calendar month after your last top-up).
- The minimum amount of mobile data: if you have almost no mobile data left, your SIM card will be topped up automatically within a couple of hours. Your automatic top-up will be triggered when your data credit drops below 100 MB.
If you have an old data-only SIM card (which means you top up for € 12), your automatic top-up will be triggered when your 2GB bundle expires. This type of SIM card is no longer available.
Try wifi, or go to Telenet webmail via your browser. Reboot your device or toggle flight mode on and off. The IP address used for your mobile data session could be blocked by Telenet.
Did you only just make your purchase? Then don't worry yet. It can take up to 48 hours to fully register your purchase or booking. Have you been waiting any longer? Below, you'll find a list of possible culprits. With solutions!
- Your purchase or booking is linked to another channel. If you visit price comparison sites, or click through via Google Ads, via a marketing campaign of a partner, ... after activating your Viking Deal, our cookie may be overwritten. We will not see your purchase or booking, so you cannot get Viking Points for it. Solution? Activate the Viking Deal just before completing your order.
- A "do not track" signal has been set in your browser. This may prevent a partner from linking your purchase or booking to your Mobile Vikings account. Solution? Turn off the "do not track" signal.
- Something went wrong with the Viking Deal partner. Rare, but it happens! Solution? If you submit a claim, we will check it for you. We can't promise anything, but if you still get Viking Points, we'll let you know. Because of the exchange period, among other things, it may take a while before our partners investigate such a claim.
- You bought something that you cannot earn Viking Points for. Solution? Always check the terms and conditions for each Viking Deal before you activate it.
- You paid with a gift card or used a promotional code. Solution? This too is always stated in the terms and conditions of every Viking Deal, so you know whether you'll earn Viking Points or not!
- You placed your order with a business or professional account. Solution? For some Viking Deal partners, you can't earn Viking Points as a business user. This is always stated in the conditions of the Viking Deal in question.
There is no catch. When you shop at one of our partners via Mobile Vikings, we get a reward. We don’t keep that reward, but forward it 100 % to our Vikings.
Your Proximus customer number and Easy Switch ID always start with "1", usually count 12 digits and can be found on the last page of your invoice.
Your Internet subscription will be activated after installation. The installer will take care of the connection, activation and testing of your Internet connection. As soon as your internet subscription is active, we will confirm this by e-mail.
The installer will call you (or the contact person you specified) about 30 minutes in advance to tell you that he/she is coming. Once on site, the following is included in your installation:
- Placing the necessary hardware
- Installation of the modem
- Installation of cables (maximum 20 metres, including possible horizontal drilling through a wall) and checking of existing cables
- Checking your home for Wi-Fi reception
All possible works that fall outside this standard procedure (e.g. digging works in your driveway) will be first discussed and agreed with the installer.
Your connection immediately after your installation
After completing your installation, an automatic check (DLM, for Dynamic Line Management) will be performed to optimise your speed. This process can take up to 10 days and your internet speed may increase during these 10 days until it reaches the optimal speed for your situation on about day 10.
To optimise your speed to the maximum extent possible, this check will be conducted every 14 days. You will not notice any of this when using your internet at home.
Your home must be connected via a connecting cable to the nearest distribution point. If there is no distribution point in your street, this means that there is currently no cable network available. Unfortunately, Internet services cannot be installed in such cases.
If you previously had a Proximus connection (Proximus, Scarlet or edpnet) in your home, this usually means that you already have the right infrastructure.
No. Mobile Vikings only sees the unnecessary monthly costs of TV subscription and digicorders. Users should regain their freedom by watching TV via free apps like VRT MAX, VTM GO and GoPlay, possibly in combination with paid streaming services. Mobile Vikings therefore only offers unlimited internet at home at a competitive price to stream, game and surf without limits.