Ander land opzoeken?
Your calling credit expires after 6 months. You will receive a notification by e-mail about one month before your credit expires.
When you're almost out of calling credit (= when you've used 80%), we'll also let you know, by email and SMS.
Tethering/personal hotspot allows you to share the mobile internet connection on your smartphone with one or more different devices. This is usually via WiFi: your device is visible as a possible WiFi-network to connect with. You can also set it up using a USB data cable or Bluetooth.
If your device has this function and you enter the required setting (this is different for each device - check the manual of your device), you will be able to tether.
Our settings guides show how to set up your personal hotspot for most devices.
Do you have an iPhone or iPad, and get a message telling you to contact Carrier to activate your hotspot? Follow the steps below:
- Go to 'Settings' and select 'Mobile Network'.
- Go to 'Mobile data network' and scroll down for the option 'personal hotspot'.
- Enter the correct APN data: internet.proximus.be
- Also see LTE settings? Fill in the same APN data: internet.proximus.be
- Then restart your device to save the settings. Your hotspot will now be available and you can share your mobile Internet with other devices.
LTE and 4G are usually used interchangeably, so if you see LTE on your mobile, you can assume that you are surfing via 4G. And vice-versa.
More details? In short: 4G is a network standard that enables a very fast mobile data connection. When 4G was launched, the speed needed to reach that standard was often too high. LTE, which stands for 'Long Term Evolution', is the technology developed to enable those 4G speeds. As that technology got closer to those speeds, the terms became increasingly interchangeable.
It's very simple. Immediately after your order, you will receive an email with an activation code for your eSIM. Once you've activated your new eSIM, you'll get a QR code in the next e-mail. Scan the code with your phone and your eSIM will be installed.
If you have entered the PIN code incorrectly three times, your device will require your PUK code. You can now use the puk1 code. After entering this PUK code you choose a new PIN code.
It's currently not possible to merge accounts. You can transfer the authorization of a SIM card to a different account, however. To do this, go to My Viking and select 'authorizations' in the settings of your SIM card. Then follow the steps on the screen!
The combo advantage gives you a monthly € 3 reduction on the price of your internet at home subscription. To get your monthly combo advantage, the following conditions apply:
- in addition to your internet at home subscription, you have at least 1 active mobile subscription and no outstanding invoice/payment invitation
- apart from your internet at home subscription, you have at least 1 active prepaid card that is topped up at least once a month (for any rate plan)
- in addition to your internet at home subscription, you have at least one mobile subscription that you have requested less than 30 days before the combo advantage is granted.
In that case, you can block your current SIM card and request a new one. To do so, go to your SIM settings. You can also block your device here.
If you request a new SIM card, it will be sent to you by regular mail free of charge. We send out our SIM cards with bpost, so delivery takes 3-5 business days. You will, of course, keep your phone number and your remaining calling credit. To block your device we need some extra information: what was the type of device; where did you lose your device (city); what was the time when you lost it (day and time) and what is the device's IMEI number? The IMEI number is stated on the packaging or purchase invoice of your device.
If your smartphone is lost or stolen, you can have your eSIM blocked and request a new one. You can also do this via your SIM settings. You will then immediately receive an e-mail with the necessary instructions to activate it.
The "do not track signal" in your browser ensures that your Viking Deal is not registered, and you, therefore, do not receive Viking Points. In Chrome, this feature is called "do not track". If this is on, your browser will automatically request the websites you visit not to collect or track your browsing data. To avoid missing out on a Viking Deal, it is best to turn it off. You do this like this:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Under 'Privacy and security', click Cookies and other site data.
- Turn Send a 'Do not track' request with your browsing traffic off.
The "do not track signal" in your browser ensures that your Viking Deal is not registered, and you, therefore, do not receive Viking Points. In Firefox, this feature is called "do not track". If this is on, your browser will automatically request the websites you visit not to collect or track your browsing data. To avoid missing out on a Viking Deal, it is best to turn it off. You do this like this:
- Click the menu button and select Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- Under Send websites a "Do Not Track" signal that you don't want to be tracked, choose Default.
- Close the page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
You can identify yourself by doing your next payment with Bancontact, MasterCard, VISA, or PayPal. The law dictates this identification has to be repeated within 18 months following this first identification.
If you set up an automatic payment method or an SMS payment method with a foreign bank account, you won’t be able to activate a prepaid SIM card. Your first payment and the control payment after 18 months always have to be done with a Belgian payment method. For the other payments, you can use any payment method you want.
To check the status of your identification, go to My Viking.
You can, as long as your phone supports eSIMs.
You can't be reached? We'll help you get back on track asap. Please try:
- Rebooting your device
- Changing your network mode. You can do this in the settings of your device:
- Apple: Settings > Mobile data > Turn ''Switch to 4G/LTE" off
- Android: Settings > More settings > Mobile Network > Network mode > Choose an option without 4G or LTE
- Nokia (Windows Phone): Settings > Mobile network > Highest connection speed > Choose an option without 4G or LTE
None of these tips help? Contact our helpdesk. Based on a recent example, no older than 24 hours, they can check what exactly is going wrong for you! Please make sure to specify the date and time of your example, as well as the implicated numbers.
If you have a device that supports 4G and you are in a 4G zone, the only question remaining is how to activate 4G. The settings can vary slightly, but the following steps apply to most devices:
- Apple (iPad, iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 Plus): Settings > Mobile data > select "Enable 4G".
- Samsung (Android): Settings > More settings > Mobile networks > Network mode > select 4G, LTE or an automatic network selection.
- HTC (Android): Settings > Mobile networks > Network mode > select 4G, LTE or an automatic network selection.
- Sony (Android): Settings > Wireless and networks > Mobile networks > Network mode > select 4G, LTE or an automatic network selection.
- Windows Phone: Settings > Mobile networks > Highest connection speed > LTE.
If, despite configuring the correct settings and being in the right location, you are unable to activate 4G, please contact our customer care team.
Possibly, if your usage isn’t included in your bundle. This also goes for the 50 GB subscription (e.g. international calls, or premium services). To avoid unpleasant surprises, we will update you once you’ve used more than € 10, € 20, € 30, € 40 of € 50 extra.
What kind of usage isn’t included in my bundle?
Usage outside of your bundle will be charged separately on your invoice or payment invitation. This happens if you:
- use up your active bundle and continue to surf or call before your new bundle is added. The rates are € 0.10 per MB and € 0.20 per minute.
- call or text to premium numbers. The rate is mentioned with the number.
- call or text a foreign EU-number. The calling rate is € 0.22 per minute, texts are € 0.07 per message.
- call or text a foreign number outside of the EU. The calling rate is € 1 per minute, texts are €0.50 per message.
roam from a country outside of the EU. The rates depend on your destination, check them on our roaming page.
How can I change my out-of-bundle limit?
Do you want to reduce your out-of-bundle costs? In the My Viking app or in your My Viking customer zone on the website, you can set the out-of-bundle limit to € 50, € 25, € 10, € 5 or even € 0 per subscription.
If your limit has been lowered to € 0 and you've exhausted your subscription bundle, you will no longer be able to use services that are not included in that bundle by default, such as international calls and SMS or premium services.
Mobile Vikings does not offer a subscription to digital TV. Most of the content available via digital TV today can be easily watched online. Think VRT MAX, or the websites of most of the TV channels. For Eleven, streamz or Disney+ for example, you don't need digital TV anymore either. 😉 That's exactly why Mobile Vikings internet at home offers unlimited volumes: you surf, stream and game as you like.
Yes. You can do it via My Viking.
Are you switching immediately? In that case, your bundle will remain valid until their expiry date. You do lose your calling credit when you switch. You can also opt to switch when your calling credit reaches € 2.50 or less. In that case, make sure to also switch off your automatic top-up if you have one, also via My Viking. If your bundles are still valid when you switch over, they will remain valid until their expiry date.
You can switch up to 6 times between a postpaid subscription and a prepaid SIM (or the other way around) per year.
- Text "CONSULT" to 1984.
- Go to My Viking. You will be able to see how much calling credit, mobile data, texts and free calling minutes to other Mobile Vikings you have left.
- In the My Viking app: thanks to the My Viking app you have a continuous and real-time overview of your remaining calling credit, usage history, contacts and so much more. You can download it here:
We do that once you’re actively using the Mobile Vikings network. You don’t need to contact your current provider yourself.
2. What is a Clan
Vikings can group together in a ‘Viking Clan’ (hereinafter referred to as a: ‘Clan’). When a Clan has been formed, each Viking from that Clan receives additional mobile data on top of his or her existing rate plan (under certain conditions) via a data bundle. The size of the data bundle depends on the number of members in the Clan (see Article 5). As long as you are legally part of the Clan or the Clan legally exists, the additional data bundle will be renewed monthly. Vikings who form a Clan can name this Clan. Vikings are free to choose a name as long as it is not abusive, vulgar, or racist. Mobile Vikings cannot be held liable in any way should the Clan’s choice of words be abusive, vulgar, or racist.
3. Time frame
Invitations for a Viking Clan can be sent and accepted indefinitely. Mobile Vikings can change this deadline at its own discretion.
4. Creation and composition of a Clan
You can only create a Clan if you are already a customer of Mobile Vikings and you meet the membership conditions described in Article 6. You can then invite others to become a member of your Clan via ‘Member Gets Member’; these invitees can be either existing Vikings or new customers who meet the membership conditions described in Article 6. Anyone who is already a Viking gets a personal invitation link with which he or she can invite others. When someone accepts the invitation and fulfills the entry requirements described in Article 6, he or she will be able to join the Clan.
A Clan consists of a minimum of two and a maximum of four members, of which a maximum of two members are already customers of Mobile Vikings at the time of founding/joining, including the founder of the Clan. The other members of the Clan – who must become Mobile Vikings customers if they accept the invitation – join the Clan when they activate their Mobile Vikings SIM card.
A Mobile Vikings phone number can only be linked to a single Clan. A Viking can therefore be part of several Clans, but only using a different phone number.
5. Data benefit
The more members in a Clan, the greater the data benefit:
- Two members: each member receives a free additional monthly data bundle of 1 GB
- Three members: each member receives a free additional monthly data bundle of 2 GB
- Four members: each member receives a free additional monthly data bundle of 3 GB
When someone joins an existing Clan and the Clan subsequently grows larger, his or her data benefit is activated immediately. The other members of the Clan will see that their data benefit has also been adjusted when their current additional monthly data bundle expires.
Example: In a Clan of three, each member receives an additional 2 GB on their monthly data bundle. When one Viking joins that Clan, the data bundle (3 GB) connected to this newly joined Viking starts immediately. The other three Vikings of the Clan are therefore entitled to a greater data benefit (3 GB instead of 2 GB). This change takes place on the expiry date of the additional 2 GB data bundle that is already running.
When someone leaves the Clan, the data benefit of the member leaving the Clan expires with immediate effect. The other members of the Clan will see their data benefit adjusted when their current additional data bundle expires, on condition of the Clan’s validity with respect to the number of remaining members of the Clan.
Example: In a Clan of three, each member receives an additional 2 GB on their monthly data bundle. When one Viking leaves the Clan, the additional data bundle connected to this Viking will expire immediately. The other two Vikings will now form a Clan of two. This reduces their data benefit to an additional monthly bundle of 1 GB. This change takes place on the expiry date of the current 2 GB data bundle.
Vikings with a 50 GB subscription will also receive an extra data bundle as a member of a Viking Clan. They will receive the same amount of benefit depending on the size of the Viking Clan (1/2/3 GB extra) after the usage volume that gives rise to surfing at reduced speed. Under normal circumstances, this is after a usage of 20 GB.
Example: a 50 GB customer is a member of a Viking Clan with 3 members. He/she receives the same benefit, in this case an additional 2 GB, and will therefore only continue surfing after a reduced speed usage of 22 GB until the renewal of his/her subscription month.
The data benefit of a Viking Clan cannot be combined with the 15 Viking Points benefit that the Viking receives when convincing a new Viking to become a Mobile Vikings customer. If you invite a new Viking to join your Clan, you will not receive 15 Viking Points when the new SIM card is activated by that Viking.
Occasionally, Mobile Vikings may decide to give an additional 1 GB bundle to a Viking. When this happens, the eligible Viking will receive a notification in their My Viking app and via email. They have up to a month to activate their additional 1 GB following this notification. The bundle itself is valid for one month, and the same conditions as for the general Viking Clan bundles apply. Receiving such a free 1 GB bundle does not entitle the Viking to free data in the future.
6. Conditions of entry
The following terms and conditions of membership apply cumulatively to both the Viking who establishes the Clan and any member who subsequently joins the Clan:
- The Viking has a subscription with a monthly amount of €15 or higher. Vikings with a prepaid card, or Vikings with a subscription of €10 or €12 per month, cannot join a Clan.
- The Viking has an active SIM card. At the time of joining, this SIM card must not be subject to any of the following processes:
- Termination of the number or a (request for) number transfer to another operator
- Planned switch to a prepaid card
- Planned switch to a €10 or €12 subscription
- The Viking is not yet part of any other Clan using this specific phone number.
- The Viking is not excluded from the Viking Clan benefit provided by Mobile Vikings in Article 7.
Mobile Vikings has the right, without entitlement to compensation for the Viking, to refuse the application to start up or join a Clan in the following cases:
- Failure to meet the entry conditions of this Article 6;
- When using the services offered by Mobile Vikings in violation of these Special Terms and Conditions, the General Terms and Conditions, with legal or regulatory provisions, with public order or morality, or in a way that damages the proper functioning or integrity of the service;
- In case of evidence (or suspicion) of fraud or abuse by the Viking in relation to the services offered by Mobile Vikings or if the Viking makes any attempt to do so.
If Mobile Vikings decides not to allow someone to join an existing Clan, the other Vikings of the Clan are not entitled to any compensation, for example as a result of not obtaining the (larger) benefit associated with joining the Clan.
A Viking can have several SIM cards and therefore several different telephone numbers and be part of a different Clan with each individual telephone number. These Special Terms & Conditions apply to each Clan individually, and therefore to the telephone number the Viking is using to be part of a specific Clan. A Viking can never be part of more than one Clan with the same telephone number.
7. Exit or removal from the Clan
7.1 A Viking will no longer be part of a Clan if any of the following occurs:
- The Viking leaves the Clan via the settings of his or her SIM card;
- The Viking switches the number in question to a prepaid card or to a subscription of €10 or €12;
- The Viking permanently disconnects his or her number or transfers it to another operator.
In any of these cases, the Viking is not entitled to any compensation as a result of leaving the Clan in question (whether or not of his or her own accord). In any of the above cases, the Viking and the phone number in question will be banned from the Viking Clan programme for one month. This means the Viking cannot start a new Clan, nor can the Viking join an existing Clan via an invitation from another Viking.
7.2 Mobile Vikings has the right to unilaterally revoke membership of the Clan without any right to compensation for the Viking in the following cases:
- When using the Viking Clan in violation of these Special Terms and Conditions, the General Terms and Conditions, with legal or regulatory provisions, with public order or morality, or in a way that damages the proper functioning or integrity of the Mobile Vikings service;
- In the event of proof (or suspicion) of fraud or abuse by the Viking with regard to the Viking Clan or more generally the service provision of Mobile Vikings, or make an attempt to do so;
- When the Viking no longer meets the entry conditions described in Article 6.
If Mobile Vikings decides to withdraw membership of a Viking for the above reasons, Mobile Vikings has the right to permanently exclude that Viking from the Clan programme, and thus from other Clans of which the Viking would be a part, without prejudice to the right of Mobile Vikings to claim damages and to terminate the Contract (i.e. the Agreement relating to the mobile services described in the Terms and Conditions) with the Viking. In addition, as a result of the termination of the Contract, any other benefit, including any Viking Points, will lapse. The Viking cannot assert any claim against Mobile Vikings if membership to a Clan is revoked for any of the reasons stated above.
If Mobile Vikings decides to withdraw membership of a Viking, the other Vikings of the Clan are not entitled to any compensation as a result of losing any benefit associated with the Clan, i.e. less data due to the Clan shrinking, or the termination of the Clan if it becomes smaller than two.
8. One month of free data via a Viking Clan with Mobile Vikings
The Vikings who are not yet a member of a Viking Clan, will receive on their coming Viking anniversary (i.e. 1, 2, etc. years of being a Mobile Vikings customer), an invitation via e-mail from Mobile Vikings to form a Viking Clan of 2 members with Mobile Vikings for a limited period of one month. After this period, the clan will be automatically deleted. Only one invitation will be sent per Viking over the duration of the Mobile Vikings subscription. This way, they will receive an extra bundle of 1 GB of mobile data on top of their normal subscription bundle valid during 1 month. No additional members can be added to this temporary Viking Clan.
9. Miscellaneous provisions
Mobile Vikings reserves the right to discontinue the Viking Clan programme (in whole or in part) without having to provide any justification. In the event of termination, Mobile Vikings will notify the Viking by all appropriate means (e.g. SMS, email). Mobile Vikings reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions, as well as the processes relating to Viking Clan programme, without obligation to provide justification. If relevant to the Viking, these changes will be communicated to him or her by any appropriate means (e.g. text message, email).
First, delete the unnecessary eSIM profile from your device. Then, request a replacement eSIM from your My Viking account and follow the instructions in your email.
1. First of all, reboot your device.
2. Check your remaining calling credit or bundles.
3. Credit/bundles okay? Then switch between 3G/4G/LTE. You can do that in your phone's settings:
- Apple: Settings > Mobile data > select "Enable 4G".
- Samsung (Android): Settings > More settings > Mobile networks > Network mode > select 4G, LTE or an automatic network selection.
- Nokia (Windows Phone 8): Settings > Mobile networks > Highest connection speed > LTE.
4. Are you abroad? Then try selecting another provider. You can do that in your settings as well.
5. Are you able to make outgoing calls, but unable to receive any incoming calls? Find out what to do when you're unreachable.
You can do this via My Viking. Here, you can select an existing payment method or configure a new one. If you want to add a new payment method, select Visa, Mastercard or direct debit.
- If you choose Visa/Mastercard, you'll need to confirm this using the Visa/Mastercard an your card reader.
- If you select direct debit, you will have to complete a mandate which we’ll send to your bank. It can take up to 10 working days before the bank authorizes this mandate.
If your payment method has been activated, your SIM card will either be topped up automatically or by sending a text message (by sending the message SIM TOPUP to 1984).
- The SMS top-up service always tops up the preselected amount and Focus. You can always change this yourself in your payment methods menu.
- The first top-up has to be done manually (via Bancontact, Mastercard, Visa or bank transfer). After that, your SIM card will be fully activated and ready to use the payment method (for any subsequent top-ups).
If you cannot connect to the local mobile internet immediately, go over this checklist before you do anything else.
- Restart your device several times as soon as you arrive abroad.
- Try to establish a connection with the different local networks manually through your device settings. One network may provide a more stable connection than another.
- Check whether the option 'data roaming' is enabled in your device settings. This will usually be available in the 'Mobile networks' menu.
Mobile Vikings uses the Proximus network for their SIM cards. You can check the coverage via our coverage map.
You need your SIM card number to transfer your number to Mobile Vikings. There are several ways to find it.
- On your SIM card itself.
- Via your smartphone:
- IOS: go to settings --> General --> Info. You'll find the SIM card number under 'ICCID'.
- Android: via an app, for example, SIM Card for Android.
- Windows Phone: go to settings --> Info (About Windows Phone) --> More information --> You'll find the SIM card number under 'SIM ID'.
- In the customer zone of your current provider.
If you want to use your own router in addition to your B-Box 3, for example to extend your Wifi coverage, you need to set your B-Box 3 modem to Bridge mode to avoid issues. Enabling Bridge mode can be done by following the steps below:
- Making sure you are connected to your Mobile Vikings network, go to http://192.168.1.1.
- Log in using the password that is printed on the back of your modem.
- Go to 'Network Connectivity'
- Click on the arrow under the sub menu Internet:
- Switch PPP enable slider to Disable and click.
- Done! Now you can connect a network cable from one of the LAN ports of your B-box 3 to your own router. The PPP configuration needs to be done on the authenticating device.
To prevent abuse, you cannot link an account number to more than one Mobile Vikings account. But what if you still want to use the same account number for multiple accounts? Don't worry, there is a solution! Just give the account with payment method management rights over the SIM card in question. We explain how to do this below:
- Log in to the account without a payment method and go to your SIM card settings in My Viking. You can only do this once your SIM card is active.
- Choose Authorizations and then 'give someone authorization'.
- Enter the email address of the account with the payment method. Confirm with your password.
- Log in to the account with the payment method and accept the management rights for the SIM card.
- Go to your payment methods to link the new SIM card to your payment method.
- That's it! 🙂
First, you need to remove the superfluous eSIM profile (from Mobile Vikings or another operator) from your old phone. Then, request a replacement eSIM from your My Viking account and follow the instructions in your email.